Sun, 6 December 2015
Episode 198 -
You are (still) the best thing that’s ever been mine. In Episode 198 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, we bring you a Taylor Talk Classic: the song analysis of “Mine.” We chose this episode in honor of Rachel. This past week, in Brisbane, Australia, Taylor Swift performed “Mine” on the b-stage in honor of a fan, Rachel, who was tragically killed in a car accident with her mother. This touching song about love that endures all is a Swifty favorite. Let us know what you think of the song. Enjoy the Taylor Talk flashback!
Taylor Swift, you are the best thing that’s ever been mine!In Episode 121 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, your hosts discuss “Mine” in honor of this past Valentines Day. “Mine” is perhaps one of Taylor’s only true love songs, but is it actually true or just a day dream? Contact us to let us know what you think of the song. In other news, the RED Tour is coming to Asia. Check out taylorswift.com/REDtourAsia for tour dates and where to buy tickets. Enjoy the show!
Highlights from Episode 121 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion: “Mine” Song Analysis:
– Taylor said this song is about “finding someone who would make you believe in love”
– We love the depth the music video adds to the line “you made a rebel of a careless man’s careful daughter.”
– How crazy was it to see Taylor Swift pregnant in the video?
– Fun fact: Taylor Swift picked her music video sons after meeting them in an ice cream parlor in Nashville.
– Diane fangirls remembering when Taylor performing “Mine” live on the b-stage in Indiana.
– What do you think of Taylor’s new short haircut?
– Hooray! The RED Tour is coming to Asia!
– We’re dusting off our ask.fm account, so if you ask us something, we’ll answer
– If Taylor were an Olympic athlete, what sport would she participate in?
– If Swifties ruled the world, a “pathetic single girls party” will be a holiday
Sun, 22 November 2015
How You Get The Guys - A How You Get The Girl Analysis - Episode 197 - Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Episode 197 -
THE BOYS ARE BACK IN TOWN! In Episode 197, we have an all-guys panel to discuss Taylor Swift’s song “How You Get the Girl,” a manual on how to get a girl back after you messed up the relationship. The guys discuss the cinematic style of the song, whether or not the female character is a strong one, and have a heated debate over the validity of the Taylor Talk 13-point song rating system. Diane isn’t a fan of “How You Get the Girl” and the all-guys panel has differing opinions on the song, but what do you think? Leave your comments below (and vote which guy should stay on Taylor Talk… heheh). Enjoy the episode!
Highlights from Episode 197 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion: “How You Get The Girl” Song Analysis
– Fun Fact: Steve was on the first all guys episode, and then never left the show. Vote in the poll to see which guy should stay this time!
– Does the treatment of the female character in the song support feminism?
– “How You Get the Girl” should really be called “How You Get the Girl BACK.”
– This song is written like it’s straight out of a 1980’s John Hughes movie. Even the title is cinematic.
– The word “ghost” keeps haunting Taylor Swift’s songs. What’s the meaning of the word “ghost” in this song?
– “How You Get the Girl” is reminiscent of the Speak Now Era.
– The panel gets HEATED about the 13-point scale rating system. You do not give a Taylor Swift song less than a 13 EVER, says Adam.
Follow the Guy’s Online Projects:
– Eric Scull: @spielerman, Mugglecast, Game of Owns, Improvised Star Trek
– November 28: The 1989 World Tour – Sydney, Australia
– December 5: The 1989 World Tour – Brisbane, Australia
– December 7: The 1989 World Tour – Adelaide, Australia
Direct download: 197_Episode_197_-_How_You_Get_The.._Guys__-_How_You_Get_The_Girl_Analysis_-_Taylor_Talk__The_Taylor_Swift_Podcast.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 10:35pm PDT
Sun, 8 November 2015
Episode 196 -
From our living room to yours, we bring you Taylor Talk Live! Episode 196 was recorded live to our listeners via Youtube on November 7th 3pm PST / 6pm EST. You can watch the Youtube version or listen on iTunes to hear us discuss the end of the US 1989 Tour. We analyze the setlist, costumes, and compare the 1989 Tour to Taylor’s other tours. If you have seen the 1989 Tour, was it your favorite tour or does another tour hold a special place in your heart? Enjoy the episode!
Highlights from Episode 196 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion: The 1989 World Tour Wrap Up
– In the four years Taylor Talk has been on the air, we’ve had over 3.7 million downloads! What!
– Adam inspires us (bores us) with more Taylor Talk statistics.
– Did you know that Taylor gave every single fan a present at each concert?
– The Setlist — What was your favorite performance? Any songs you wished would have been included on tour?
– Everyone was excited about all the male dancers on tour.
– Listener engagement really made this episode fun! We loved hearing from you on twitter #TaylorTalkLive.
– Some lucky winners will get their Taylor Talk t-shirts very soon!
– See a complete list of the 1989 World Tour special guests on theswiftagency.com.
– Check out Steve’s 1989 Special Guest playlist on Spotify.
– November 10, 11, 12: The 1989 World Tour – Shanghai, China
Submit to the Show!
TAYLOR CONNECT: TaylorTalk13
VOICEMAIL: (240) 31-SWIFT / (240) 317-9438
Direct download: 196_Episode_196_-_Taylor_Talk_LIVE_-_Taylor_Talk__The_Taylor_Swift_Podcast.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 11:05pm PDT
Sun, 25 October 2015
Episode 195 -
They just don’t make pop stars like Taylor Swift. In Episode 195 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, we cover GQ Magazine’s “interrogation” of Taylor Swift. GQ’s journalist, Chuck Klosterman, holds nothing back when he asks Taylor the hardball questions about her songwriting, her fame, her public persona, and the most hitting, “Is thinking about [her] real life an essential part of appreciating [her] music?” Can Taylor Swift’s music be enjoyed if you know nothing about her? Can her songs stand alone without the megastar that is Taylor Swift behind them? The hosts give their perspective in the episode, but we want to hear yours. Leave your thoughts in the comments section. Enjoy the show!
Highlights from Episode 195 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion: GQ Cover Article/Interview
– Taylor reveals her vision for the “Wildest Dreams” music video. Does this change your perception of the song?
– The music video idea was inspired by Ava Gardner’s Secret Conversations.
– “If you don’t take Swift seriously, you don’t take contemporary music seriously.”
– GQ claims Taylor’s 1989 could rival Michael Jackson’s Thriller if it had been released in the 1980s.
– Would Taylor’s music be popular if it wasn’t Taylor Swift behind it? What a blunt question.
– Taylor Swift is 25. But she is older than you. (but this is obviously true if you are under 25).
– Taylor has been nominated for SIX AMA Awards! Vote now at ama.votenow.tv
– The 1989 World Tour continues to surprise with Ellie Goulding, Miranda Lambert, and Tove Lo as special guests.
– October 27: The 1989 World Tour – Miami, FL
– October 31: The 1989 World Tour – Tampa, FL
Direct download: 195_Episode_195_-_GQ_-_Taylor_Talk__The_Taylor_Swift_Podcast.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 9:47pm PDT
Sun, 11 October 2015
The Story Of Us - Episode 194 - Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast -- Swifties are also listening to "I Got The Boy" by Jana Kramer
Episode 194 -
If Taylor Swift is taking a break, the story of us looks a lot like a tragedy now… This week, Taylor Swift slayed the fandom by telling NME, “I think I should take some time off. I think people might need a break from me.” Cue massive Swifty panic. However, in Episode 194, your hosts try to calm your fears. Taylor Swift usually takes a break after tours and before the next album, so this is normal. Right? What are your thoughts on Taylor Swift potentially taking a break? Share your thoughts by leaving us a comment below. Enjoy the episode!
Highlights from Episode 194 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion: “Story of Us” Song Analysis
– Taylor’s discussion of Speak Now on her Grammy Pro special has us missing her Speak Now songs!
– Is Taylor’s concept for “The Story of Us” a little naive?
– Fun Fact: You can learn literary terms with Taylor Swift. And Taylor Talk.
– Miscommunication is the cause of all problems really.
– Steve uses the word “paradox” in a sentence and we’re all impressed.
– Friendly reminder to speak now instead of pretending this is nothing…
– Check out Taylor’s mini-“Secret Session” with Grammy Pro!
– Taylor Swift graces the cover of GQ for the very first time.
– Taylor Swift says she’s going to take a break…? THIS IS NOT A DRILL.
– If Swifties ruled the world, we’d send all the media to a deserted island! Muahah.
– We get one of the nicest iTunes reviews ever. (Jk. They’re ALL SO NICE)
– Swifties are listening to “I Got the Boy” sung by Jana Kramer, written by Jamie Lynn Spears.
– October 12: The 1989 World Tour – Fargo, ND
– October 17: The 1989 World Tour – Dallas, TX
– October 20: The 1989 World Tour – Lexington, KY
– October 21: The 1989 World Tour – Greensboro, NC
– October 24: The 1989 World Tour – Atlanta, GA
Direct download: 194_Episode_194_-_The_Story_Of_Us_-_Taylor_Talk__The_Taylor_Swift_Podcast.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 10:33pm PDT
Sun, 27 September 2015
Ryan Adams 1989 and Vanity Fair - Episode 193 - Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast - Swifties are also listening to House Party by Sam Hunt
Episode 193 - Taylor Swift’s got the moves like Jagger. In Episode 193, your hosts Adam, Diane, and Steve recap Taylor Swift’s 1989 World Tour Nashville stop as well as discuss Taylor’s revealing interview with Vanity Fair. The interview highlights Taylor’s response to the Apple Music incident, a potential Kayne-Taylor collaboration, and whose careers Taylor most admires. In the interview, Taylor still maintains that 1989 is her most “sonically cohesive” album. What do you think? Do you think 1989 is sonically cohesive or do some songs stick out more than others? Leave your thoughts in the comments below. Happy listening!
Highlights from Episode 193 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion: Taylor Swift’s Vanity Fair Cover
– Tip: When a magazine says “Source close to Swift says…”, it’s a lie.
– Do you think 1989 is the most sonically cohesive album?
– Taylor gives us the behind-the-scenes account of the Apple Music incident in Vanity Fair.
– Unlike previous eras, Taylor now keeps up with the gossip surrounding her.
– What would a Kayne/Taylor collaboration sound like?
– Who Taylor admires says a lot about how she runs her business.
– Question for comments: which song on 1989 stands out and makes the album not perfectly sonically cohesive?
– It’s the return of Stump the Host (can someone try to stump Diane for the next show?)
– Taylor did not hold back with surprise guests from the Nashville 1989 shows!!
– Ryan Adams’ 1989 cover album is now available. What did you think of it?
– You know you’re a Swifty when you have a Taylor Swift coloring book!
– Swifties are having a house party listening to “House Party” by Sam Hunt.
September 28 – 1989 World Tour – St. Louis, MO
October 2 & 3 – 1989 World Tour – Toronto, ON
October 8 – 1989 World Tour – Des Moines, IA
October 9 – 1989 World Tour – Omaha, NE
Direct download: 193_Episode_193_-_Vanity_Fair_Ryan_Adams_-_Taylor_Talk__The_Taylor_Swift_Podcast.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 10:24pm PDT
Sun, 13 September 2015
Episode 192 - It’s Diane’s turn for Taylor Talk Classic… Out of the Woods! In Episode 192, the hosts relive how they marveled at the masterpiece that is “Out of the Woods,” a song off Taylor’s album, 1989, co-written by Taylor Swift and Jack Antonoff. Taylor said this song is about the “fragility” of a relationship and tried to make the music match the frantic feeling of wondering if the relationship will end tomorrow or continue on. You know the hosts loved the song (now and forever), but what do you think? Feel free to share your thoughts. Happy listening!
Highlights from Episode 192 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion: “Out of the Woods” by Taylor Swift and Jack Antonoff
– Jack Antonoff, co-writer, calls this song “one of the most important things I’ve ever been a part of.”
– What were your initial reactions when you heard the song? Diane’s was one word: WHOA
– We predict that Taylor Swift will single handedly revive the Polaroid brand.
– Is the chorus too repetitive? No. This is repetition with a purpose.
– We admire Taylor and Jack’s mastery of the English language. “Built to fall apart” is amaaaazing.
– What’s your favorite song lyric? Can you pick just one?
– We compare “Out of the Woods” to some of Taylor’s other songs. All Too Well 2.0 anyone?
– If Jack Antonoff and Taylor Swift can create a song like this when they’re so young, imagine what else they have in store for us down the road.
Direct download: 192_Episode_192_-_Out_Of_The_Woods_-_Taylor_Talk__The_Taylor_Swift_Podcast.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 11:25pm PDT
Sun, 30 August 2015
Episode 191 - Say you’ll remember me, even if it’s just pretend… Ladies and gentlemen, the music video you have been waiting for has arrived. The music video for “Wildest Dreams” is out now and it is absolute perfection!!! (You can hear the fangirl in my voice!) In Episode 191, your hosts Adam, Diane, and Steve break down the “Wildest Dream” music video thematically and discuss how the visual elements (Old Hollywood, Africa) relate to the story of the song. Since there was so much detail in this video, we’re sure we may have missed some moments, so let us know what your favorite parts were. What did you think of the video? Happy listening!
Highlights from Episode 191 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion: “Wildest Dreams” Music Video
– I think we can agree that this was the perfect video for the perfect song!!!
– The video took the lyric “even if it’s just pretend” and ran with it… Cue shattering heartbreak.
– How did Old Hollywood and shots of Africa contribute to the theme of the song?
– Steve notes Taylor’s strong resemblance to Ava Gardner.
– All of Taylor’s proceeds from the music video will be donated to wild animal conservation efforts through the African Parks Foundation of America.
– There were so many guests at Taylor’s five sold-out LA shows that it was hard to keep track. (Oops! We forgot America’s sweetheart, Ellen DeGeneres.)
– Nicki Minaj opened the MTV VMAs with Taylor Swift as her surprise guest! Looks like there’s no bad blood between them.
– And Video of the Year goes to…. Taylor Swift for “Bad Blood”!!!
– September 4: The 1989 World Tour – Salt Lake City, UT
– September 5 & 6: The 1989 World Tour – Denver, CO
– September 9: The 1989 World Tour – Houston, TX
– September 11 & 12: The 1989 World Tour – St. Paul, MN
Direct download: 191_Episode_191_-_Wildest_Dreams_Music_Video_-_Taylor_Talk__The_Taylor_Swift_Podcast.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 9:51pm PDT
Sun, 16 August 2015
Episode 190 - Swifties, this week we bring you the first Taylor Talk Classic! As Adam so charismatically explains in this episode’s introduction, we have years worth of content we want to share with you (just in case you haven’t listened to every single episode!) Adam chose one of his favorites this week, the “All The Guys” episode, which was originally released in March 2013. Listen up to gain some insight on what it’s like to be a male Swifty. (And fun fact: this was Steve’s first Taylor Talk episode!) Enjoy!
Highlights from Episode 190 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion: Taylor Talk Classic “All The Guys Episode”
– The guys discuss how they discovered Taylor Swift.
– How can male listeners relate to songs written from a female perspective?
– What’s it like being a guy in a predominantly female fanbase?
– Are you ever uncomfortable being a guy in a crowd of teenage girls at a Taylor Swift concert?
– Sponsorship from Diet Coke vs Covergirl: Why should a guy care who sponsors Taylor?
– Flash forward to 1989… we now have more gender neutral merchandise!
– Do you ever think Taylor unfairly represents males in her songs?
– Our all-male panel discusses the highly controversial quote from Taylor Swift’s April 2013 Vanity Fair article:
“There’s a special place in hell for women who don’t help other women.”
– Find out why our male cast thinks this quote was taken out of context, who ACTUALLY said it and more.
– August 17 & 18: The 1989 World Tour – Glendale, AZ
– August 21-22, 24-26: The 1989 World Tour – Los Angeles, CA
– August 29: The 1989 World Tour – San Diego, CA
Direct download: 190_Episode_190_-_Taylor_Talk_CLASSIC_-_All_The_Guys_-_Taylor_Talk__The_Taylor_Swift_Podcast.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 10:38pm PDT
Mon, 3 August 2015
Episode 189 - Dear Swifties, Taylor Swift reminds you to please try to never grow up. This past week, Taylor met her godson, Leo Thames, the son of Jaime King and Kyle Newman, and posted some adorable photos with him on Instagram. In honor of his birth, we discuss “Never Grow Up.” Although the song was never heavily promoted, “Never Grow Up” still continues to be a fan favorite for its poignant and nostalgic lyrics. (I’m not crying. You are.)
What do you think of “Never Grow Up”? Is Taylor mourning the loss of her childhood? How does she think we should try to never grow up? Can we? Leave your response in the comments. Enjoy the episode!
Highlights from Episode 189 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion: “Never Grow Up” Song Analysis
– Thanks to listener Rachel for suggesting that we discuss “Never Grow Up” in honor of Taylor’s newborn godson.
– Raise your hand if this song makes you miss your childhood…
– Taylor moved out in July… Leo Thames was born in July… Coincidence? I THINK NOT!
– Why does Taylor change from saying “you” to saying “I”? What’s the emotional impact of the pronoun shift?
– Want more “Never Grow Up”? Steve reminded us that we discussed it previously on Episode 107 for Taylor’s 24th birthday.
– Taylor Talk Challenge: how many months would it take us to get to Episode 1989?
– What would we do without Sami’s @TSwiftOnTour updates?
– You know you’re a Swifty when you buy a Taylor Swift coloring book!!
– We LOVE iTunes reviews! Leave us a review and we’ll read it on the show.
– August 4 & 5: The 1989 World Tour – Edmonton, AB – Rexall Place.
– August 8: The 1989 World Tour – Seattle, WA – CenturyLink Field.
– August 14 & 15: The 1989 World Tour – Santa Clara, CA – Levi’s Stadium.
– August 15: Diane turns…. 24. ugh.
Direct download: 189_Episode_189_-_Never_Grow_Up_-_Taylor_Talk__The_Taylor_Swift_Podcast_2.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 12:28am PDT
Sun, 19 July 2015
Episode 188 - I was reminiscing just the other day… about doing a throwback song analysis that took me away! On Episode 188 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, we discuss “Holy Ground,” a song from the RED album that we believe completes the growth/story arc from “Forever & Always,” to “Last Kiss,” and ending with “Holy Ground” (which are all songs rumored to be about the same person). “Holy Ground” is such a mature way to look at a past relationship. We can learn a lot from Taylor Swift.
What’s your take on the song? Particularly, what do you make of the lyric, “and I see your face in every crowd”? Post your thoughts in the comments below. Enjoy!
Direct download: 188_Episode_188_-_Holy_Ground_-_Taylor_Talk__The_Taylor_Swift_Podcast.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 11:35pm PDT
Mon, 6 July 2015
The Taylor Swift Experience - A Walk Through The Grammy Museum - Episode 187 - Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast -- Swifties are also listening to Hurricane by Bridgit Mendler
Direct download: 187_Episode_187_-_The_Taylor_Swift_Experience_-_Taylor_Talk__The_Taylor_Swift_Podcast.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 1:36am PDT
Mon, 22 June 2015
Episode 186 - When Taylor Swift speaks, Apple listens. Early on June 21st, Taylor Swift posted a letter on Tumblr asking Apple to reconsider its compensation structure during the 3 month free trial period for the upcoming Apple Music streaming service. During Apple Music’s 3 month free trial period, Apple said they would not pay the artist, a point Taylor Swift strongly disagreed with. However, by the power of Swift and concerned artists everywhere, APPLE AGREED TO CHANGE THEIR MODEL! This is a huge victory for Taylor and artists everywhere who deserve to be fairly compensated for their art.
But…. that awkward moment when you record a podcast after Taylor wrote her letter to Apple but moments before Apple announced their decision. Cue immediately out-of-date podcast episode. Still though, in Episode 186, Adam and Diane get to debate between Apple vs. Taylor, and discuss the big questions in the music industry right now: How should artists be compensated? Who should compensate them? Even though Apple now sided with Taylor Swift, the compensation discussion is still an important discussion to have. Let us know what you think in the comments below. Enjoy the episode!
Highlights from Episode 186 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion: “To Apple, Love Taylor”
– Taylor has been pushing Music Has Value since she wrote her Wall Street Journal editorial last summer.
– We learned with Spotify that if Taylor doesn’t agree with a music streaming service’s compensation structure, she’s out.
– “We don’t ask you for free iPhones. Please don’t ask us to provide you with our music for no compensation.” BOOM.
– The Apple fanboy in Adam has a hard time deciding whether or not to side with Team Apple or Team Swift (Spoiler alert: Apple is Team Swift).
– The big question: Does a music streaming service’s promotion of the artist count as compensation?
– If Taylor can influence the largest company on the planet, what else is she capable of?
– Happy Father’s Day to all the dads out there, including Scott Swift!
– Echosmith, Rachel Platten, Cara Delevingne, and Mariska Hargitay surprised the crowd at the 1989 World Tour stop in Philadelphia!
– You know you’re a Swifty when there was never a more perfect time to wear your TEAM TAYLOR jersey.
– June 21: The 1989 World Tour – Amsterdam
– June 23: The 1989 World Tour – Glasgow, Scotland, UK
– June 24: The 1989 World Tour – Manchester, UK
– June 27: The 1989 World Tour – London, UK
– June 29 & 30: The 1989 World Tour – Dublin, Ireland
Direct download: 186_Episode_186_-_To_Apple_Love_Taylor_-_Taylor_Talk__The_Taylor_Swift_Podcast.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 12:38am PDT
Sun, 7 June 2015
I Wish You Would - Episode 185 - Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast -- Swifties are also listening to Kelsea Ballerini & Fight Song by Rachel Platten
Episode 185 - Taylor Talk gives you everything and nothing. Just kidding. We give you a new episode, of course! In Episode 185 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, your hosts delve into the narrative complexity that is “I Wish You Would.” Taylor Swift wrote this song with Jack Antonoff, and they were inspired by the John Hughes movies of the 1980s. Which movie does this song remind you of? What’s your favorite lyric in the song? We’d love to hear your thoughts. Enjoy the episode!
Highlights from Episode 185 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion: “I Wish You Would” Song Analysis
– Fun fact: Taylor wrote this song based on a track Jack Antonoff gave her.
– Why does 2AM seem to constantly re-appear in Taylor’s songs?
– Serious question: why can’t this girl pick up the phone and tell him what she never said?
– We analyze her most creative lyric: “We’re a crooked love, in a straight line down.”
– Diane realizes something mid-episode that changes EVERYTHING!
– Check out Steve’s “I Wish You Would” Spotify Playlist: https://open.spotify.com/user/stevesplaylist/playlist/524ypzVyWk9fkBKdcr47Gg
– So far, Taylor has had Dan Reynolds of Imagine Dragons and Little Big Town as surprise guests on tour!
– Remember: you MUST go visit Taylor Nation Headquarters if you attend a concert!
– Swifties (and Taylor Swift) are listening to “Fight Song” by Rachel Platten.
– The Swifties and Taylor are also listening to Kelsea Ballerini! Check out her interview with us on Taylor Talk Episode 178.
– June 8: The 1989 World Tour – Charlotte, NC
– June 9: The 1989 World Tour – Raleigh, NC
– June 12 & 13: The 1989 World Tour – Philadelphia, PA
– June 19 & 20: The 1989 World Tour – Cologne, Germany.
Direct download: 185_Episode_185_-_I_Wish_You_Would_-_Taylor_Talk__The_Taylor_Swift_Podcast.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 5:51pm PDT
Mon, 25 May 2015
1989 World Tour - Bad Blood, Blank Space, Shake It Off, and More! - Episode 184 - Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Episode 184 - 1989 TOUR SPOILERS GALORE! In Episode 184 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, Adam and Diane bring you their review of Taylor Swift’s 1989 Tour. After seeing the show at Rock In Rio in Vegas and in Bossier City, Louisiana, we wanted to give you our initial impressions of Taylor’s new show. We discuss the setlist in detail, Taylor’s elaborate costumes, dancers, and more. If you haven’t seen the show yet and don’t care about being spoiled, listen up! And if you have seen the show, what did you think? Enjoy the episode!
Highlights from Episode 184 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion: 1989 World Tour Initial Review
– If you want to stay 1989 Tour spoiler-free, do not listen to this episode!!
– We go song by song and describe each performance of 1989.
– Which song stole the show?
– If you’ve seen the 1989 tour, did anything disappoint you?
– Remember: you MUST go visit Taylor Nation Headquarters if you attend a concert!
– Taylor Swift broke a VEVO record with most views in a single day for “Bad Blood”!! (We’re not surprised though).
– We think we may have figured out what “on D like DOC” means in Kendrick Lamar’s “Bad Blood” rap. Maybe.
– You know you’re a Swifty when you make up choreography for every song off 1989 and you’re essentially an official tour dancer.
– Swifties are listening to “Shut Up and Dance” by Walk The Moon.
– May 30: The 1989 World Tour – Detroit, MI.
– June 2: The 1989 World Tour – Louisville, KY.
– June 3: The 1989 World Tour – Cleveland, OH.
– June 6: The 1989 World Tour – Pittsburgh, PA.
Direct download: 184_Episode_184_-_1989_World_Tour_-_Taylor_Talk__The_Taylor_Swift_Podcast.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 12:48am PDT
Mon, 18 May 2015
Episode 183 - The “Bad Blood” Music Video SIZZLES!Taylor Swift set the Swifty fandom on fire with her world premiere of the “Bad Blood” music video at the 2015 Billboard Music Awards. Full of cameos from her best friends, sexy action sequences, and a remix with Kendrick Lamar, Taylor delivers one of her best music videos to date. What are your thoughts on the music video? What do you think of Kendrick Lamar’s rap? Let us know! Hope you enjoy the episode!
Highlights from Episode 183 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion: “Bad Blood” Music Video
– Uh oh… Selena Gomez is the backstabbing friend in this video!
– Could Taylor’s transformation into a fighting powerhouse represent her personal transformation in the 1989 album?
– So many cameos… but we missed Meredith and Olivia!
– Why do you think the story of the video took place in London?
– “We was on D like DOC” — Diane needs a translation.
– Taylor’s favorite Kendrick Lamar song makes an appearance. I see what you did there.
– Taylor’s Rock in Rio performance was different than any performance we’ve seen before (more details to come).
– How do you hold 8 Billboard Music Awards at once? #TaylorSwiftProblems
– If you like us, rate us on iTunes at TaylorTalk.org/iTunes!
– May 20th: The 1989 World Tour kicks off in the US in Bossier City, Louisiana.
– May 22nd: The 1989 World Tour continues in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
Direct download: 183_Episode_183_-_Bad_Blood_Music_Video_Feat._Kendrick_Lamar.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 12:57am PDT
Sun, 10 May 2015
Enchanted - Episode 182 - Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast - Swifties are also listening to Stone Walls by We The Kings
Episode 182 - We’re sure the 1989 Tour is flawless, but we don’t know yet. Don’t worry — Episode 182 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast is spoiler free! We want to hold off having a tour discussion until after we have seen the show, so in the meantime, enjoy a song analysis of “Enchanted.” Taylor writes a lot of songs about love, and in “Enchanted,” Taylor writes about having a crush on someone but not doing anything about it. I’m sure we can all relate. Enjoy the episode, enjoy the puns, and be sure to share your thoughts with us! Happy listening!
Highlights from Episode 182 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion: “Enchanted” Song Analysis
– “Enchanted” is another example of Taylor Swift as a wordsmith genius.
– Why did Taylor choose the word “wonderstruck” for her perfume?
– Adam’s so vain, he probably thinks this song is about him.
– Is “Enchanted” a realistic or fairytale take on love?
– Why didn’t Taylor tell him she was enchanted to meet him? Oh, the agony!
– Steve connects this song to “The Story of Us” and “Wildest Dreams,” but you could really connect anyTaylor song.
– The Bad Blood music video will premiere on May 17th!!
– Check out the preview of Taylor’s interview in Elle Magazine, “Taylor Swift Has No Regrets.”
– Fun fact: Xfinity, the 1989 tour sponsor, is offering a bunch of behind-the-scenes features and a chance to meet Taylor!
– May 15th: Taylor Swift performs at Rockin Rio in Las Vegas, NV.
– May 17th: The Billboard Awards air on ABC at 8/7c.
– May 20th: The 1989 World Tour kicks off in the US in Bossier City, Louisiana.
– May 22nd; The 1989 World Tour continues in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
Direct download: 182_Episode_182_-_Enchanted_-_Taylor_Talk__The_Taylor_Swift_Podcast.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 11:41pm PDT
Sun, 26 April 2015
Episode 181 - Welcome to the 1989 World Tour… it’s been waiting for you! Well, almost! Since the 1989 World Tour is just days away, your hosts Adam, Steve, and special guest Agustin of The Swift Agency bring you their tour predictions. Remember that we have NO inside information. We’re just fans, like you, who are SUPER excited for the 1989 World Tour! What songs would you like to see on tour? How do you think Taylor will perform them? We’d love to hear your tour predictions! Enjoy the show!
Highlights from Episode 181 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion: 1989 World Tour Predictions
– Since Agustin loves Taylor’s element of surprise, he hopes he’s way off on his tour predictions!
– Which song off 1989 do you think will be cut from the setlist?
– We visualize “Welcome to New York” as the tour opener.
– How will Taylor bring her popular singles, like Blank Space, to the stage?
– “Pretty much everything from the 80’s went out of style though.” – Quotes by Steve
– Agustin has an amazing idea to get the fans involved (and onstage!) during the 1989 tour.
– What special thing do you think Taylor will do on the b-stage? (covers? old songs?)
– We hope new country artist Kelsea Ballerini will be a special guest on the 1989 tour! (check out her interview on Taylor Talk Episode 178)
– I might still be crying over Mama Swift’s speech before giving Taylor her ACM Milestone award…
– Glamour UK has a new guest editor for June 2015… Taylor Swift! Her issue is on newsstands on April 30th.
– You know your dad is a Swifty when he sings Taylor Swift while washing dishes. He thinks they’re finally clean…
– Swifties are listening to “Fly” by Avril Lavigne.
– May 5th: The 1989 World Tour kicks off in Tokyo, Japan!
– May 15th: Taylor Swift performs at Rockin Rio in Las Vegas, NV.
– May 17th: The Billboard Awards air on ABC at 8/7c.
– May 20th: The 1989 World Tour kicks off in the US in Bossier City, Louisiana.
Direct download: 181_Episode_181_-_1989_Tour_Predictions_-_Taylor_Talk__The_Taylor_Swift_Podcast.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 10:16pm PDT
Sun, 12 April 2015
Episode 180 - God Bless, Andrea Swift. This one’s for you. Episode 180 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast is dedicated to Mama Swift. Since Taylor announced this week that her mom had been diagnosed with cancer, we wanted to use this episode to honor Andrea.
We discuss “The Best Day,” the heartfelt song Taylor wrote for her mom back in 2007 as a Christmas surprise. What do you think of the song? Does it remind you of your childhood? We also want to encourage you, as the Swift family does, to have all to have your loved ones checked for cancer, just in case. For now, enjoy the episode and please keep the Swift family in your thoughts!
Highlights from Episode 180 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion: “The Best Day” Song Analysis
– No one has impacted Taylor’s life more than her mother, Andrea Swift.
– Fun fact: Taylor gave this song & video to her mom as a Christmas present, and it took Mama Swift a while to realize that it was Taylor singing about her!
– Do you remember that childhood feeling that your parents could fix anything?
– Adam argues that Taylor plays around with perspectives in this song.
– Does this song remind you of your relationship with your mom?
– Keep Andrea, Taylor, and the rest of the Swift family in your thoughts. They have an important battle to fight.
– Taylor encourages us to be proactive about cancer by making sure our loved ones get checked. EDUCATE yourself at http://www.cancer.org/healthy.
– The 2015 Podcast Awards are this Tuesday, April 14th! You can watch the live stream at 6:00pm PST at PodcastOne.com.
– Taylor Swift is nominated for 14 Billboard awards! Did they nominate anyone else??
– April 19: The 50th Annual ACM Awards will take place in Dallas, TX and broadcast live on CBS.
– April 26: The 2015 Music Radio Disney Music Awards will air on the Disney Channel at 8pm ET/PT.
Direct download: 180_Episode_180_-_The_Best_Day_With_Andrea_Swift_-_Taylor_Talk__The_Taylor_Swift_Podcast.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 9:36pm PDT
Mon, 30 March 2015
Episode 179 - Bring on all the pretenders, we’re not afraid. In Episode 179 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, we’re joined by our good friend, Agustin from theswiftagency.com, to discuss “Long Live,” one of Taylor Swift’s most powerful anthems. This song is both a celebration for her team and her fans. Our throwback to the Speak Now era comes at a perfect time too, because although Taylor is now a self-proclaimed pop artist, country music organizations, like the ACMs, keep honoring her with awards! It just goes to show that Taylor Swift left a strong legacy behind her in country music and will undoubtedly do the same for pop music. What do you think of “Long Live”? Would you put it on a greatest hits album for Taylor Swift? Feel free to share your thoughts. Enjoy the episode!
Highlights from Episode 179 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion: “Long Live” Song Analysis
– Who did Taylor write “Long Live” for? The fans, her team, or both?
– It’s impossible to read the lyrics to this song without singing them (have fun listening to Adam try).
– Who is the “you” in the song? Grant? Amos? Scott Borchetta?
– At Taylor’s 2009 CMA Entertainer of the Year win, a band of thieves in ripped up jeans got to rule the world.
– It’s okay if you need to excuse yourself and get a tissue while we talk about the bridge…
– Happy birthday Kenny Chesney! You get Taylor Swift at your concert as a present
– Fortune names Taylor Swift as the greatest female leader in the world, but we already knew that.
– Country music just won’t stop giving Taylor awards, will they?
– Taylor surprised us all by performing backup guitar for Madonna’s iHeartRadio performance!!
– As Agustin said, you can take the girl out of country, but you can’t take country out of the girl — the ACMS are honoring Taylor with a Milestone Award on April 19th.
Direct download: 179_Episode_179_-_Long_Live_-_Taylor_Talk__The_Taylor_Swift_Podcast.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 12:36am PDT
Mon, 23 March 2015
EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW - Kelsea Ballerini "Love Me Like You Mean It" + Wildest Dreams Analysis Part 2 - Episode 178 - Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Episode 178 - EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW - Remember when we featured Kelsea Ballerini in “What Are Swifties Listening To?” then about a week later, Taylor herself tweeted about Kelsea? Well… In this week’s episode, we chat with Kelsea Ballerini about that moment, plus her upcoming album and more! After that, the Amazing Steve-dini worked his magic and salvaged the second half of our “Wildest Dreams” analysis from last week! Let us know your thoughts and what you think of “Wildest Dreams.” Enjoy the episode!
Direct download: 178_Episode_178_-_EXCLUSIVE_INTERVIEW_-_Kelsea_Ballerini_-_Love_Me_Like_You_Mean_It_-_Taylor_Talk__The_Taylor_Swift_Podcast.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 1:25am PDT
Sun, 15 March 2015
Episode 177 - Oh my my my, how Taylor Swift has changed from the “Love Story” girl! In Episode 177 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, we discuss Taylor’s new, realistic take on love in her song “Wildest Dreams.” Taylor says that when she meets someone new, her first thought is, “When this is over, I hope they think well of me.” Her opinion on love has changed from a more romantic happily-ever-after viewpoint to something more fatalistic. What’s your take on this perspective? Do you see love like Taylor does? Let us know your thoughts and what you think of “Wildest Dreams.” Enjoy the episode!
Direct download: 177_Episode_177_-_Wildest_Dreams_-_Taylor_Talk__The_Taylor_Swift_Podcast.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 11:53pm PDT
Sun, 8 March 2015
You Are In Love - Episode 176 - Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast - If this was a movie... 50 Shades Of Grey, Indiana Jones, 101 Dalmatians
Episode 176 - One night, he wakes. Strange look on his face. Pauses. Then says, “Have you listened to Taylor Talk? In Episode 176 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, we discuss the song that every Swifty wants played at their wedding, “You Are In Love.” Taylor Swift channeled her friends, Jack Antonoff and Lena Dunham’s relationship to describe what real, true love looks like. Taylor says that this song “sounds like love to her.” What do you think? When you think of the concept of love, does this song match up? Let us know your thoughts. Enjoy!
Direct download: 176_You_Are_In_Love_-_Episode_176_-_Taylor_Talk__The_Taylor_Swift_Podcast.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 11:36pm PDT
Sun, 1 March 2015
New Romantics - Episode 175 - Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast --- Swifties are also listening to Love Me Like You Mean It by Kelsea Ballerini
Episode 175 - Every day is like a battle, but every episode with us is like a dream. Here at Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, we consider ourselves part of the “New Romantics” squad. What does the phrase “New Romantics” mean exactly? Who are these people and why are they singing heartbreak as their national anthem so proudly? Listen up to Episode 175 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast as we review the song that sums up the whole 1989 album. What do you think of “New Romantics”? Feel free to share your thoughts. Happy listening!
Direct download: 175_Episode_175_-_New_Romantics_-_Taylor_Talk__The_Taylor_Swift_Podcast.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 11:42pm PDT
Sun, 22 February 2015
Style Memorie, Vogue Cover with Karlie Kloss - Episode 174 - Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast - Swifties are also listening to Ghost by Ella Henderson
Episode 174 - Taylor Swift and Karlie Kloss never go out of style. In Episode 174 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, we discuss the Vogue feature on one of our favorite female friendships: Taylor Swift and Karlie Kloss! The pair talked about how “normal” they are and competed in a hilarious Vogue competition to determine who is the best best friend. We also discuss the #StyleMemories and consider how the “Style” music video would be different if those clips had been included. What was your favorite news story from this week? Let us know in the comments below. Enjoy the show!
Direct download: 174_Episode_174_-_Style_Memories_-_Vogue_with_Karlie_Kloss_-_Taylor_Talk__The_Taylor_Swift_Podcast.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 10:40pm PDT
Fri, 13 February 2015
Episode 173 - You must have a day dream look in your eye, because the “Style” music video is out!! In Episode 173 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, your hosts discuss the “Style” music video, which is Taylor’s most abstract and artistic music video to date. What were your initial impressions of the video? Did its difference from other Taylor videos throw you off? We’d love to hear your thoughts. Happy listening!
Direct download: 173_Episode_173_-_Style_Music_Video_-_Taylor_Talk__The_Taylor_Swift_Podcast.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 6:31pm PDT
Sun, 8 February 2015
Episode 172 - I know places you can listen to Taylor Talk…Episode 172 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast is all about one of Taylor’s coolest sounding tracks on 1989, “I Know Places.” Taylor wrote this song about elements that try to ruin a love (ex. friends, media, paparazzi, etc.), but the “foxes” escape the “hunters” in the end. What do you think of the song? What would the music video for “I Know Places” look like if you could direct it? We’d love to hear your thoughts. Enjoy the show!
Direct download: 172_Episode_172_-_I_Know_Places_-_Taylor_Talk__The_Taylor_Swift_Podcast.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 11:46pm PDT
Mon, 2 February 2015
Bad Blood - Is it Katy Perry? - Episode 171 - Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast - Haim is touring with Taylor! YAS!
Episode 171 - There’s only mad love for Taylor Swift on this show. On Episode 171 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift, we discuss “Bad Blood.” This song is allegedly about pop star Katy Perry, Taylor’s former good friend. Rumor has it that Katy Perry tried to “sabotage an entire arena tour” (RED Tour) by hiring some dancers right from under her. The hosts agree that “Bad Blood” was Taylor’s way to confronting the situation, even though Taylor said herself that she hates confrontation. What do you all think of the song? Could it be about Katy Perry? Leave us your thoughts. Thanks for listening!
Direct download: 171_Episode_171_-_Bad_Blood_-_Taylor_Talk__The_Taylor_Swift_Podcast.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 12:01am PDT
Sun, 25 January 2015
Style - Episode 170 - Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast -- Swifties are also listening to Love Me Like You Do by Ellie Goulding from 50 Shades of Grey Soundtrack
Episode 170 - You know what never goes out of style? Taylor Talk! In Episode 170 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, we discuss Taylor Swift’s newest single, “Style”! In “Style,” Taylor relates classic clothing trends that never go out of style to relationships that always seem to keep coming back. We discuss how this metaphor functions in the song and how this song is sure to become an instant classic. What did you think of the song? How do you envision a music video for it? We’d love to hear your thoughts. Happy listening!
Direct download: 170_Episode_170_-_Style_-_Taylor_Talk__The_Taylor_Swift_Podcast.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 11:26pm PDT
Mon, 19 January 2015
Episode 169 - Let me remind you, this was what you wanted… a new episode of Taylor Talk! In Episode 169 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, we discuss track five on 1989, “All You Had To Do Was Stay.” The panel is split about their opinions on the song — feel free to weigh in and let us know your thoughts. Do you think Taylor will perform this song on tour even though the high note STAY would be intense for her voice? I guess we’ll just have to wait and see. Enjoy the episode!
Direct download: 169_Episode_169_-_All_You_Had_To_Do_Was_Stay_-_Taylor_Talk__The_Taylor_Swift_Podcast.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 12:47am PDT
Sun, 11 January 2015
This Love - Episode 168 - Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast --- Swifties are also listening to Dream Your Life Away by Vance Joy
Episode 168 - Your iPod is glowing in the dark… playing this episode of Taylor Talk! In Episode 168 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, we discuss the only song Taylor Swift wrote by herself on 1989, a song called “This Love.” Taylor said “This Love” is about a time when she had to cut someone loose when she didn’t want to, but they came back. What’s your opinion on “This Love”? Do you think Taylor will play it on tour? Let us know what you think of the episode. Happy listening!
Direct download: 168_Episode_168_-_This_Love_-_Taylor_Talk__The_Taylor_Swift_Podcast.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 11:10pm PDT
Sun, 4 January 2015
Wonderland - Episode 167 - Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast -- Swifties are also listening to Cali Rodi
Episode 167 -- Haven’t you heard what becomes of curious minds? They listen to Taylor Talk! In Episode 167 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, we analyze one of the most popular bonus tracks on 1989, “Wonderland”! Taylor borrowed from Lewis Carroll’s “Alice in Wonderland” to write this song about an ill-fated romance. What do you think of “Wonderland”? Why do you think Taylor included it as a bonus track instead of on the 1989 album? Let us know what you think. Happy listening!
Direct download: 167_Episode_167_-_Wonderland_-_Taylor_Talk__The_Taylor_Swift_Podcast.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 10:24pm PDT