Mon, 25 August 2014
Episode 148 - Hey, hey, hey, we just can’t shake off “Shake It Off”! In Episode 148 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, special guest, Ashley, takes us all behind the scenes of the "Shake It Off" music video -- A place where no Swifty has gone before!! The team also takes a look at Taylor's first ever LIVE PERFORMANCE of "Shake It Off" from the MTV Video Music Awards!!
Highlights from Episode 148 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion: Behind The Scenes of the "Shake It Off" Music video AND Taylor Swift’s VMA Performance of “Shake It Off”
- We interview Ashley, a fan, who got to be an extra in the “Shake It Off” music video!
- How did Ashley get chosen? What was the audition process? How did Taylor do as a director??
- Enter now, Taylor Swift, the sensational pop superstar!!
- What did you think of Taylor Swift’s modern flapper costume? What about her rompin’ around in a romper on the Red Carpet?
- Sami thinks Taylor’s “almost” jump off the 1989 sign was to remind people she’s still awkward; She’s still our Tay.
- Do you think this performance will inspire Taylor’s tour performance of “Shake It Off”?
- Who watched Taylor’s ALS Ice Bucket Challenge?!
- Taylor told Good Morning America that in order to beat the haters, “you have to have more fun than them.”
- You know you’re a Swifty when it saddens you to hear the end of a Taylor Talk Episode because you need to wait another week for the next one… exceptnowtheepisodeissoversorry…
Direct download: 148_Episode_148_-_Music_Video_Shake_It_Off_-_Behind_The_Scenes_-_Taylor_Talk__The_Taylor_Swift_Podcast.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 12:09am PDT
Mon, 18 August 2014
Episode 147 -- SHAKE IT OFF - Taylor’s using album five to take us back to 1989! On August 18th, Taylor held a Yahoo LiveStream event to announce a new single, “Shake It Off,” her new album “1989″ (available 10/27!), and a new music video!! Taylor’s live stream was a massive unload of a bunch of new, exciting information, and your hosts are SO excited to unpack it all! We give our initial thoughts about the theme of 1989, how we love that “Shake It Off” is a complete dance party, and we marvel at the music video. Feel free to share your thoughts about the direction Taylor’s taking her new music. Enjoy the show!Highlights from Episode 147 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion – New Single “Shake It Off” And New Album 1989
- We should have know the polaroid pictures were a clue!
- Taylor was inspired by the late 1980s for her new album, a time period only Steve remembers.
- Debate: “fake” vs. “bake.” What’s the verdict?
- The hosts conclude that “Shake It Off” is hella good.
- Swift fact: Taylor believes you can tell a lot about a person by how willing they are to dance. She even asked fans to dance with her in the “Shake It Off” music video!
- I don’t know about you, but the “Shake It Off” music video gave us SO many costume ideas for the 1989 Tour!!
Direct download: 147_Episode_147_-_Shake_It_Off_-_1989_-_Taylor_Talk__The_Taylor_Swift_Podcast.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 8:18pm PDT
Sun, 10 August 2014
THE 5TH ALBUM IS COMING! - Episode 146 - Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast --- Swifties are also listening to: If You Ask Me To by MacKenzie Porter
Episode 146 - Say goodbye to the Red Era… album five is coming! In Episode 146 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, your hosts — Adam, Diane, and Sami — discuss the three clues Taylor released on Twitter and Instagram that possibly relate to her upcoming album. What’s the relationship between an elevator, Olivia, a polaroid camera, and yahoo.com? Listen up to hear our theories and be sure to share your own. Enjoy the show!
Highlights from Episode 146 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion – Fifth Album Clues
- Yahoo may have spilled the beans, even though Scott Borchetta says nothing has been confirmed.
- Is there any significance to certain things being cut out of the Instagram pictures?
- We wonder if these clues also hint to the subject of the new single, not just the album announcement.
- That awkward moment when the album five announcement is actually Taylor announcing her retirement… (just kidding)
- Only the Taylor Talk hosts would have an entire discussion about capitalization
- A preview of Taylor in the The Giver has been released! What did you think?
- Be sure to check out Taylor Swift on the Tonight Show and Late Night this week!
- Raise your hand if you want a review of The Giver mini-episode this weekend! (I hope Steve & Maya are okay with this idea)
- You know you’re a Taylor Talker when you listen to Taylor Talk on the elliptical at your gym, and the lady working there has to ask you to get off the machine because you’ve been on for two hours and didn’t realize it!!
- Swifties are listening to “If You Ask Me To” - MacKenzie Porter
Direct download: 146_Episode_146_-_5th_Album_Is_Coming_-_Taylor_Talk__The_Taylor_Swift_Podcast.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 11:32pm PDT
Sun, 3 August 2014
Jump Then Fall - Episode 145 - Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast - Swifties Are Listening to "Chasing The Sun" by Hilary Duff
Episode 145 - Prepare to jump then fall into this episode of Taylor Talk! In Episode 145 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, we discuss one of Taylor’s cutest, feel-good songs: “Jump Then Fall!” Although it’s a relatively straight forward song, we still dig deep into the song’s complexities and Taylor’s writing style. We hope you enjoy the episode. Happy listening!
Highlights from Episode 145 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion – “Jump Then Fall” Song Analysis
- You may think the theme of this song is simple, but we still manage to debate as to what it’s about!
- Taylor describes this song as “happy, bouncy, and lovey.” But mostly bouncy.
- We compare the sound of “Jump Then Fall” to “Stay Stay Stay.”
- Fun fact: did you know this song peaked at number 1 on iTunes the week it was released?
- If Taylor wrote this song from personal experience, how do you think it feels for her to release a song about a crush/relationship that ended?
- Sign our petition to get Taylor to play “Jump Then Fall” on the album five tour!
- We predict when Taylor’s new single will be released based on the fact that she’s giving an “explosive” performance of it at the MTV VMAs!
- “My ambition was to start a new book with the next album, not just a new chapter.” – Taylor’s interview with Candy magazine
- How would you guys like an episode with a book review/movie review of The Giver? Unfortunately, Adam doesn’t want to read.
- You know you’re a Swifty when you ask a random lady at the pool if you can take a picture with her turtle floaty because it’s the same one Taylor used on the 4th of July.
Direct download: 145_Episode_145_-_Jump_Then_Fall_-_Taylor_Talk__The_Taylor_Swift_Podcast.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 10:34pm PDT