Sun, 28 July 2013
Taylor's so vain. She probably thinks this podcast is about her... oh wait. It is! lol. Join Adam, Diane, and Steve in brief but fun episode 73 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast as we discuss the new "Everything Has Changed" remix, Taylor's generosity, and RED Tour news. Happy listening! :)
In Episode 73 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast:
- Taylor Swift visited the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia with the Ryan Seacrest Foundation. Check out ryanseacrestfoundation.com for photos from the event.
- Adam wishes he could have gotten a $500 tip when he worked in food service.
- Don't forget to vote for Taylor in the MTV VMAs!
- Did Taylor hint Carly Simon's special guest appearance on the RED Tour?
- Main Discussion: We compare the original "Everything Has Changed" with the remix
- We theorize this remix could be the new US single
- How are they different musically? Lyrically? Why does Ed Sheeran suddenly have his own verse?
- Adam admits he can't understand Ed Sheeran's British's accent... he needs a translation.
- Which do you prefer? Original or remix?
- Hey listeners, if you're going to see the RED Tour soon, let us know which version of the song Taylor & Ed perform on tour!
- "Everything Has Changed" the REMIX is now available on iTunes
- If Swifties Ruled the World, we wouldn't, obviously. Taylor (aka the Queen) would.
- We're all friends with Taylor Swift. She just doesn't know it yet... and that's not creepy at all.
- Swifties are Reading The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
- What are Swifties Listening to? the Lumineers.
- New Segment! "Adam is so vain because...." jk.
Direct download: Episode_73_-_REMIX_-_Everything_Has_Changed_-_Taylor_Talk__The_Taylor_Swift_Podcast.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 10:44pm PST
Mon, 22 July 2013
Episode 72 - Why Vote For Taylor?
Every day you log online, you're faced with a choice: should I vote for Taylor Swift for fan voted awards or not? In this episode of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, we discuss the nature of fan voted awards and the extent to which the award shows control who wins. But never fear, every vote for Taylor STILL matters! Our good friend Agustin from TheSwiftAgency.com joins Adam, Maya, and Steve for this entertaining and informative episode of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast. Enjoy!
In Episode 72 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast:
- Maya gives us her rainy adventure story seeing Taylor perform in Philly.
- Agustin suggests we pick our battles and not send out death threats... We discuss Bad Kids Clothing using a list of Taylor alleged ex's as a tank top.
- Taylor teases us with the fifth album in Rolling Stone: "It's so overwhelming that when you're starting a project there are such endless possibilities if you're willing to evolve and experiment. If you're willing to become a different version of yourself, you can really go anywhere with it. And that's kind of where I am. The kind of the laboratory experimental stage of really catching onto a new thing that I'm liking.”
- Despite what we talk about in this episode, please continue to vote for Taylor in the <a href="http://www.teenchoiceawards.com" target="_blank">Teen Choice Awards</a> and the <a href="http://www.mtv.com/ontv/vma/" target="_blank">MTV VMAs</a>.
- Main Discussion: the Taylor Talk team breaks down what fan voted awards REALLY mean
- For the Teen Choice Awards, the fan vote just narrows down the five nominees down to four... the sponsors ultimately decide the winner.
- Is this deceiving? They lead you to believe that the award is purely fan voted. Not many fans would take the time to read the legal information to find out the truth.
- The disclaimer is there to protect the award show. In the end, the award show says they have the right to pick the winner.
- Should there make this information more public? Agustin thinks it would cost the award shows their popularity.
- Maya admits if she ran an award show, she'd want control over what happens too. At the end of the day, the award show is a show.
- Award shows are not created to recognize celebrities; the point of the show is to make money for the network.
- THE BIG QUESTION: Why should fans vote if the vote doesn't really matter?
- Agustin says that your fan votes still help Taylor get recognized by the award show sponsors and the public. Voting for Taylor ALWAYS helps Taylor maintain visibility and relevance!
- "I don't see many Maseratis, but when I do, I sing 'Red.'"
- You know you're a Swifty when you take creepy stalker pictures of old men with Taylor Swift license plates.
- Adam almost forgot Journey to Fearless is on Netflix, but he does remember that "Long Live" makes him cry.
- A round of Stump the Hosts turns into a round of Stump Agustin!
Direct download: Episode_72_-_Why_Should_I_Vote_For_Taylor__-_Taylor_Talk__The_Taylor_Swift_Podcast.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 1:25am PST
Mon, 15 July 2013
Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast listeners Evan and Rachelle go head to head in another round of Taylor Swift Jeopardy! These questions are much more challenging than the last round, but you'll be surprised at how much these two know about Taylor Swift. Listen up to episode 71 for Taylor news, RED tour updates, and to see if you can compete in this round of Jeopardy!
In Episode 71:
- We're joined later in the episode by two listeners, Rachelle and Evan, for a game of Jeopardy! The prize? A Taylor Talk t-shirt!
- What would you think of a girl band featuring Demi Lovato, Miley Cyrus, Selena Gomez, and Taylor Swift?
- Will.i.Am says he'd like to collaborate with Taylor Swift in the future
- Patrick Stump from Fall Out Boy joined Taylor Swift on stage at MetLife Stadium to perform "My Songs Know What You Did in the Dark"
- "I'd like to work with Taylor Swift. I like the girl. We could do something really fantasy-like. That would be cool." - Will.i.Am
- Don't forget to vote for Taylor Swift for the Teen Choice Awards! They air on Sunday, August 11th on FOX.
- You Know You're a Swifty When you stay up late listening to Taylor Talk? Thanks! :D
- Adam hosts the second round of Taylor Swift Jeopardy with Rachelle & Diane and Evan & Maya as competitors.
- Categories are Taylor's Childhood, Secret Messages, On the Road (Tour), Lyrics, and Philanthropy (questions are 13, 31, or 113 points each)
- Swifties are listening to "Little Umbrellas" by Sarah Darling
Direct download: Episode_71_-_ROUND_2__Taylor_Swift_Jeopardy_-_Taylor_Talk__The_Taylor_Swift_Podcast.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 2:16am PST
Mon, 8 July 2013
Episode 70 - Red Music Video
First there was "Fearless," then "Sparks Fly," and now there's "Red!" Taylor Swift's RED Tour concert music video is out, which couples the "Red" single with clips from the concert. Your hosts, Adam, Maya, Diane, and Steve, give you their very honest opinions about the "Red" video and compare it to previous tour music videos. Be sure to listen up for lively discussion and leave us your thoughts about the "Red" video. Enjoy!
In Episode 70:
- Check out photos from Taylor's 4th of July Celebration on her blog
- If you're a teen (and if you're not), you should vote for Taylor Swift for the 2013 Teen Choice awards
- Adam visits the fragrance section of Macy's to find "Taylor"
- "If Swifties Ruled the World / You Know You're A Swifty When"
- What would happen if we unleashed the wrath of Swifties on the haters?
- To be honest, none of the hosts were super overwhelmed with the RED Tour music video
- "Red" may not have been the right song for the tour video
- Could "Holy Ground" or "State of Grace" have made a better tour video?
- We compare the "Sparks Fly" and "Fearless" videos with "Red"
- Does the feeling you get when you hear "Red" match the feeling you get at a Taylor concert?
- Adam wishes the song "Red" would have been made into a narrative music video instead
- Taylor tends to use country singles for her tour music videos
- "Sparks Fly" timed the clips with the music much more than the "Red" video did
- The "Fearless" video included beyond the scenes clips, which, according to Maya, is even cooler than concert clips
- "Fearless" captured the fan experience, probably more so than the others
- Diane wants a time machine to see the Speak Now Tour again
- Look out guys! Steve is directing the next tour video ;)
- Send us your rating of the "Red" video on a scale of 1-13
- A listener question did stump ONE of the hosts!
- Don't forget to send us your feedback and content submissions!
Direct download: Episode_70_-_RED_Video_-_Taylor_Talk__The_Taylor_Swift_Podcast.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 12:46am PST
Mon, 1 July 2013
Episode 69 - Paper Doll vs. Dear John
Taylor Swift and John Mayer's alleged romance may be so four years ago, but it might not be in the past for John Mayer. His newest single, entitled "Paper Doll", could be about none other than Taylor Swift. Your Taylor Talk hosts dissect the lyrics of "Paper Doll" to try and figure out if this song is Mayer's response to Taylor's "Dear John" or just a publicity move. Either way, give "Paper Doll" and "Dear John" another listen and join us for lots of laughs and insight in episode 69 of Taylor Talk.
In Episode 69:
- Reminder: this is the last week to play Taylor Swift Jeopardy & send us your scores
- If you haven't bought a Taylor Talk t-shirt and you wear an XL, hurry, because we've only got a few left.
- Taylor Swift just hit 30 million followers this week!
- @TSwiftonTour brings you your weekly RED Tour Update
- Taylor Swift played "Long Live" for the first time on the RED tour in Vancouver
- YKYASW if your boyfriend cheats on you, you skip the sad songs and skip to revenge songs like "Picture to Burn"
- Main Discussion: "Paper Doll" by John Mayer as a possible response to Taylor's "Dear John"
- Is "Paper Doll" a dissection of Taylor Swift as a person?
- Maybe Taylor doesn't "know what she's running from"
- "Sure was fun being good to you" as a direct reply to Taylor's message from "Dear John"
- John Mayer may have referenced "22" and "Red" in "Paper Doll"
- Maya is SUPER creeped out by one of the lyrics in "Paper Doll"
- Similarity between the "paint you another sky" lyrics ("Someone's gonna paint you another sky" / "You paint me a blue sky and go back and turn it to rain")
- Check out Vanity Fair's list of Taylor Swift's outfits referenced in "Paper Doll"
- Adam thinks "Paper Doll" was a huge publicity move for John Mayer, not necessarily an emotional outburst
- Some Taylor Talk listeners weigh in on whether or not "Paper Doll" is about Taylor Swift
- Return of Stump the Hosts
- Diane and Taylor Swift have the same shoe size! So exciting ;)
- Swifties are listening to "Who I Am" by Jessica Andrews
- Maya and Diane come out of the closet as internet nerds.... DFTBA
Direct download: Episode_69_-_Paper_Doll_-_Taylor_Talk__The_Taylor_Swift_Podcast.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 12:26am PST