Sun, 29 June 2014
What Did YOU Think Before Red? - Episode 140 - Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast -- Swifties are also listening to “The People” by Nina Nesbitt
Episode 140 - We take you on a Taylor Swift Flashback to a time before the RED Album! Remember when we got the track list for RED, but hadn’t heard any of the songs yet? In Episode 140 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, per listener request, we reflect on our initial impressions of the song titles and analyze whether or not the song titles fit the song. We’d love to hear your thoughts on our discussion. Happy listening!
Highlights from Episode 140 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion – What did you think the songs on RED were about before you heard the songs?
- We take a look back nearly two years ago before the RED album came out, but when we knew the track list. What did you think her songs were about based on the titles?
- Raise your hand if you thought "The Lucky One" was about Zac Efron.
- “22″ should have been about how many cats Taylor Swift wants. Obviously.
- That awkward moment when Diane was right and yet so wrong about “Red.”
- We talk about the similarities between “Treacherous” and “I Knew You Were Trouble.”
- Adam uses this episode to perfect his pirate accent…. and once again ties Taylor Swift to Harry Potter.
- Cosmopolitan’s “15 Things Not To Say To A Taylor Swift Fan” is a perfect list to send to the Taylor haters!
- Be sure to vote for Taylor Swift in the Teen Choice Awards everyday! (Hint: if you were born between 1995-2001, you are a teen *wink*)
- You know you’re a Swifty when you feel that much more relatable to Taylor Swift because you were both born on a Wednesday morning!
- Swifties are listening to “The People” by Nina Nesbitt.
- WWTD returns!! What would Taylor do if Miley Cyrus interrupted one of her shows by swinging in on a wrecking ball?
Direct download: 140_Episode_140_-_Remember_What_You_Thought_Before_Red__-_Taylor_Talk__The_Taylor_Swift_Podcast.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 10:22pm PDT
Sun, 22 June 2014
Invisible aka You Belong With Me 1.0 - Episode 139 - Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast -- Swifties are also listening to X, Multiply, a new album from Ed Sheeran
Episode 139 - I just want to open your eyes and make you realize… a new episode of Taylor Talk is out! In Episode 139 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, your hosts discuss “Invisible,” Taylor’s beautiful ballad of unrequited love. We also talk about cooking with Barefoot Contessa, Taylor’s new kitten, and touch on Ed Sheeran’s new album. Enjoy the episode!
Highlights from Episode 139 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion – “Invisible” Song Analysis:
- We flash back to a song from Taylor’s high school days, “Invisible.”
- Steve calls this song the first draft of “You Belong With Me.”
- We debate who or what exactly is invisible in this song.
- Adam never fails to find a way to relate Harry Potter to Taylor Swift!
- How does the fact that Taylor wrote this song with a co-writer change the song?
- We wonder why this song was a bonus track rather than being on the original album.
- Taylor Swift says she won’t hang out with boys who are on a diet… just so you know.
- There’s a new kitty in Taylor’s life: Olivia Benson! Does this mean she’s a cat lady now?
- Be sure to vote for Taylor in the Teen Choice Awards.
- You know you’re a Swifty when you name your hermit crab “Swift!”
- MASSIVE end of tour sale going on at the Taylor Swift Online Store! Get it while it’s hot and RED!
- Swifties are listening to Ed Sheeran’s new album “X”
Direct download: 139_Episode_139_-_Invisible_-_Taylor_Talk__The_Taylor_Swift_Podcast.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 11:27pm PDT
Sun, 15 June 2014
13 Moments Of The RED Era - Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast - Episode 138 - Also listening to "Animals" by The Goastt
episode 138 - having post-red tour depression? we are too. in episode 138 of tayLor talk: the taylOr swift podcast, we give you our top 13 momeNts of the red era. as there were so many amazinG moments, we are bound to have missed a few of your favorites, so Let us know what you loved about the red era (samI also adVisEs you to put your red Tour memorieS in the memory boxes of life). enjoy the episode!
Highlights from Episode 138 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion – Top 13 Moments of the RED Era:
- It is actually the end of the RED Tour… so we decided to recap our Top 13 Moments of the RED Era.
- Fun fact: “We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together” was Taylor’s first number one on the Billboard Top 100!
- That awkward moment when Adam gets confused for Prince William.
- The RED Tour broke so many records, including playing in Shanghai, China for the first time (and selling out the show in one minute!!)
- The tour included so many special guests AND introduced us to someone who has now become one of our favorite artists: Ed Sheeran!
- Remember that time Taylor performed “All Too Well” at the Grammys because the fans asked her to?! Good times.
- Let us know what your top RED Era Tour memories were! We’d love to hear them!
- We want to wish a very happy Father’s Day to all the dads out there, including Scott Swift, Taylor’s #1 fan!
- Taylor Swift is featured in Ed Sheeran’s “Nine Days and Nights of Ed Sheeran” Special. Watch it to support this BFFL team!
- You know you’re a Swifty when you make “secret messages” in your writings
Direct download: 138_Episode_138_-_13_Moments_of_the_Red_Era_-_Taylor_Talk__The_Taylor_Swift_Podcast.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 11:17pm PDT
Sun, 8 June 2014
The Outside - Episode 137 - Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast - Black Roses - Clare Bowen - Nashville Cast
Episode 137 - As bad as it sounds, we’re happy Taylor Swift didn’t have friends in middle school. In Episode 137 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, we discuss one of the first songs Taylor ever wrote, “The Outside.” In “The Outside,” Taylor talks about what it’s like to be on the outside looking in, a feeling everyone can relate to at least one point in their lives. However, there is hope. Taylor’s story is proof that even though you may feel like an outcast, what makes you different makes you special. The very same kids who made fun of Taylor for liking country music now get to look up at her performing on stage in front of thousands of people. Enjoy the episode!
Highlights from Episode 137 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion – “The Outside” Song Analysis:
- At twelve years old, Taylor captures the timeless aspect of being an outcast in “The Outside”
- Adam says this song could really be a theme song for Facebook users.
- Taylor draws from a Robert Frost poem to inspire the lyrics in this song. We wonder how many other times Taylor has drawn from outside sources in her writing.
- “If you’re lucky enough to be different, don’t change.” Wise words from Ms. Swift.
- We talk about the similarities between “Mean” and “The Outside.”
- Taylor doesn’t just passively donate to charity; instead, she creates something awesome, like a music production cart for the patients at the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia!
- The RED Tour, aka the tour that never ends, will actually end this week!
- You know you’re a swifty when you’re already saving money for a concert on a tour that hasn’t been announced for an album that hasn’t even been announced!
- Swifties are listening to “Black Roses” by Clare Bowen.
Direct download: 137_Episode_137_-_The_Outside_-_Taylor_Talk__The_Taylor_Swift_Podcast.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 11:51pm PDT
Sun, 1 June 2014
What's Going On In Asia? - Red Tour Around The World - Episode 136 - Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast - How To Be A Heartbreaker - Marina and The Diamonds
Episode 136 - The RED Tour goes to Asia! In Episode 136 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, we cover Taylor’s shows so far in Asia. We also discuss the changes Taylor has made throughout the RED Tour as it traveled to different countries. If you’re going to one of the RED shows in Asia, we’d love to hear from you! Let us know what you thought of the RED tour! Happy listening!
Highlights from Episode 136 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion: The Many Changes of the RED Tour:
- We discuss the logistics of Taylor Swift moving the RED Tour from country to country.
- You know how Taylor has buses and planes with her face on it? We think she should invest in a ship.
- We theorize about her setlist choices based on each place the RED Tour goes.
- Maya can’t wait for Taylor to sing “Our Song” on the b-stage again….
- Special offer to Thai Swifties: they have reserved tickets for the Singapore show just for you!!
- Taylor Swift says the fifth album is her favorite thing EVER!
- We’re so thankful to @TSwiftOnTour for keeping us updated on the Asian leg of the RED Tour.
- As our Nashville CMA Fest correspondent, Steve will be attending the 2014 CMT Awards! Lucky him. It will air this Wednesday, June 4th at 8/7c on CMT.
- Please help us find a way to tell Taylor Swift Sami named her cat after her
- Swifties are listening to “How To Be A Heartbreaker” by Marina and the Diamonds
Direct download: 136_Episode_136_-_Red_Tour_Around_The_World_-_Taylor_Talk__The_Taylor_Swift_Podcast.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 11:38pm PDT