Sun, 25 October 2015
Episode 195 -
They just don’t make pop stars like Taylor Swift. In Episode 195 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, we cover GQ Magazine’s “interrogation” of Taylor Swift. GQ’s journalist, Chuck Klosterman, holds nothing back when he asks Taylor the hardball questions about her songwriting, her fame, her public persona, and the most hitting, “Is thinking about [her] real life an essential part of appreciating [her] music?” Can Taylor Swift’s music be enjoyed if you know nothing about her? Can her songs stand alone without the megastar that is Taylor Swift behind them? The hosts give their perspective in the episode, but we want to hear yours. Leave your thoughts in the comments section. Enjoy the show!
Highlights from Episode 195 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion: GQ Cover Article/Interview
– Taylor reveals her vision for the “Wildest Dreams” music video. Does this change your perception of the song?
– The music video idea was inspired by Ava Gardner’s Secret Conversations.
– “If you don’t take Swift seriously, you don’t take contemporary music seriously.”
– GQ claims Taylor’s 1989 could rival Michael Jackson’s Thriller if it had been released in the 1980s.
– Would Taylor’s music be popular if it wasn’t Taylor Swift behind it? What a blunt question.
– Taylor Swift is 25. But she is older than you. (but this is obviously true if you are under 25).
– Taylor has been nominated for SIX AMA Awards! Vote now at ama.votenow.tv
– The 1989 World Tour continues to surprise with Ellie Goulding, Miranda Lambert, and Tove Lo as special guests.
– October 27: The 1989 World Tour – Miami, FL
– October 31: The 1989 World Tour – Tampa, FL
Direct download: 195_Episode_195_-_GQ_-_Taylor_Talk__The_Taylor_Swift_Podcast.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 9:47pm PST
Sun, 11 October 2015
The Story Of Us - Episode 194 - Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast -- Swifties are also listening to "I Got The Boy" by Jana Kramer
Episode 194 -
If Taylor Swift is taking a break, the story of us looks a lot like a tragedy now… This week, Taylor Swift slayed the fandom by telling NME, “I think I should take some time off. I think people might need a break from me.” Cue massive Swifty panic. However, in Episode 194, your hosts try to calm your fears. Taylor Swift usually takes a break after tours and before the next album, so this is normal. Right? What are your thoughts on Taylor Swift potentially taking a break? Share your thoughts by leaving us a comment below. Enjoy the episode!
Highlights from Episode 194 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion: “Story of Us” Song Analysis
– Taylor’s discussion of Speak Now on her Grammy Pro special has us missing her Speak Now songs!
– Is Taylor’s concept for “The Story of Us” a little naive?
– Fun Fact: You can learn literary terms with Taylor Swift. And Taylor Talk.
– Miscommunication is the cause of all problems really.
– Steve uses the word “paradox” in a sentence and we’re all impressed.
– Friendly reminder to speak now instead of pretending this is nothing…
– Check out Taylor’s mini-“Secret Session” with Grammy Pro!
– Taylor Swift graces the cover of GQ for the very first time.
– Taylor Swift says she’s going to take a break…? THIS IS NOT A DRILL.
– If Swifties ruled the world, we’d send all the media to a deserted island! Muahah.
– We get one of the nicest iTunes reviews ever. (Jk. They’re ALL SO NICE)
– Swifties are listening to “I Got the Boy” sung by Jana Kramer, written by Jamie Lynn Spears.
– October 12: The 1989 World Tour – Fargo, ND
– October 17: The 1989 World Tour – Dallas, TX
– October 20: The 1989 World Tour – Lexington, KY
– October 21: The 1989 World Tour – Greensboro, NC
– October 24: The 1989 World Tour – Atlanta, GA
Direct download: 194_Episode_194_-_The_Story_Of_Us_-_Taylor_Talk__The_Taylor_Swift_Podcast.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 10:33pm PST