Sun, 12 April 2015
Episode 180 - God Bless, Andrea Swift. This one’s for you. Episode 180 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast is dedicated to Mama Swift. Since Taylor announced this week that her mom had been diagnosed with cancer, we wanted to use this episode to honor Andrea.
We discuss “The Best Day,” the heartfelt song Taylor wrote for her mom back in 2007 as a Christmas surprise. What do you think of the song? Does it remind you of your childhood? We also want to encourage you, as the Swift family does, to have all to have your loved ones checked for cancer, just in case. For now, enjoy the episode and please keep the Swift family in your thoughts!
Highlights from Episode 180 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion: “The Best Day” Song Analysis
– No one has impacted Taylor’s life more than her mother, Andrea Swift.
– Fun fact: Taylor gave this song & video to her mom as a Christmas present, and it took Mama Swift a while to realize that it was Taylor singing about her!
– Do you remember that childhood feeling that your parents could fix anything?
– Adam argues that Taylor plays around with perspectives in this song.
– Does this song remind you of your relationship with your mom?
– Keep Andrea, Taylor, and the rest of the Swift family in your thoughts. They have an important battle to fight.
– Taylor encourages us to be proactive about cancer by making sure our loved ones get checked. EDUCATE yourself at http://www.cancer.org/healthy.
– The 2015 Podcast Awards are this Tuesday, April 14th! You can watch the live stream at 6:00pm PST at PodcastOne.com.
– Taylor Swift is nominated for 14 Billboard awards! Did they nominate anyone else??
– April 19: The 50th Annual ACM Awards will take place in Dallas, TX and broadcast live on CBS.
– April 26: The 2015 Music Radio Disney Music Awards will air on the Disney Channel at 8pm ET/PT.
Direct download: 180_Episode_180_-_The_Best_Day_With_Andrea_Swift_-_Taylor_Talk__The_Taylor_Swift_Podcast.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 9:36pm PDT