Sun, 22 November 2015
How You Get The Guys - A How You Get The Girl Analysis - Episode 197 - Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Episode 197 -
THE BOYS ARE BACK IN TOWN! In Episode 197, we have an all-guys panel to discuss Taylor Swift’s song “How You Get the Girl,” a manual on how to get a girl back after you messed up the relationship. The guys discuss the cinematic style of the song, whether or not the female character is a strong one, and have a heated debate over the validity of the Taylor Talk 13-point song rating system. Diane isn’t a fan of “How You Get the Girl” and the all-guys panel has differing opinions on the song, but what do you think? Leave your comments below (and vote which guy should stay on Taylor Talk… heheh). Enjoy the episode!
Highlights from Episode 197 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion: “How You Get The Girl” Song Analysis
– Fun Fact: Steve was on the first all guys episode, and then never left the show. Vote in the poll to see which guy should stay this time!
– Does the treatment of the female character in the song support feminism?
– “How You Get the Girl” should really be called “How You Get the Girl BACK.”
– This song is written like it’s straight out of a 1980’s John Hughes movie. Even the title is cinematic.
– The word “ghost” keeps haunting Taylor Swift’s songs. What’s the meaning of the word “ghost” in this song?
– “How You Get the Girl” is reminiscent of the Speak Now Era.
– The panel gets HEATED about the 13-point scale rating system. You do not give a Taylor Swift song less than a 13 EVER, says Adam.
Follow the Guy’s Online Projects:
– Eric Scull: @spielerman, Mugglecast, Game of Owns, Improvised Star Trek
– November 28: The 1989 World Tour – Sydney, Australia
– December 5: The 1989 World Tour – Brisbane, Australia
– December 7: The 1989 World Tour – Adelaide, Australia
Direct download: 197_Episode_197_-_How_You_Get_The.._Guys__-_How_You_Get_The_Girl_Analysis_-_Taylor_Talk__The_Taylor_Swift_Podcast.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 10:35pm PST
Sun, 8 November 2015
Episode 196 -
From our living room to yours, we bring you Taylor Talk Live! Episode 196 was recorded live to our listeners via Youtube on November 7th 3pm PST / 6pm EST. You can watch the Youtube version or listen on iTunes to hear us discuss the end of the US 1989 Tour. We analyze the setlist, costumes, and compare the 1989 Tour to Taylor’s other tours. If you have seen the 1989 Tour, was it your favorite tour or does another tour hold a special place in your heart? Enjoy the episode!
Highlights from Episode 196 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion: The 1989 World Tour Wrap Up
– In the four years Taylor Talk has been on the air, we’ve had over 3.7 million downloads! What!
– Adam inspires us (bores us) with more Taylor Talk statistics.
– Did you know that Taylor gave every single fan a present at each concert?
– The Setlist — What was your favorite performance? Any songs you wished would have been included on tour?
– Everyone was excited about all the male dancers on tour.
– Listener engagement really made this episode fun! We loved hearing from you on twitter #TaylorTalkLive.
– Some lucky winners will get their Taylor Talk t-shirts very soon!
– See a complete list of the 1989 World Tour special guests on theswiftagency.com.
– Check out Steve’s 1989 Special Guest playlist on Spotify.
– November 10, 11, 12: The 1989 World Tour – Shanghai, China
Submit to the Show!
TAYLOR CONNECT: TaylorTalk13
VOICEMAIL: (240) 31-SWIFT / (240) 317-9438
Direct download: 196_Episode_196_-_Taylor_Talk_LIVE_-_Taylor_Talk__The_Taylor_Swift_Podcast.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 11:05pm PST