Sun, 16 August 2015
Episode 190 - Swifties, this week we bring you the first Taylor Talk Classic! As Adam so charismatically explains in this episode’s introduction, we have years worth of content we want to share with you (just in case you haven’t listened to every single episode!) Adam chose one of his favorites this week, the “All The Guys” episode, which was originally released in March 2013. Listen up to gain some insight on what it’s like to be a male Swifty. (And fun fact: this was Steve’s first Taylor Talk episode!) Enjoy!
Highlights from Episode 190 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion: Taylor Talk Classic “All The Guys Episode”
– The guys discuss how they discovered Taylor Swift.
– How can male listeners relate to songs written from a female perspective?
– What’s it like being a guy in a predominantly female fanbase?
– Are you ever uncomfortable being a guy in a crowd of teenage girls at a Taylor Swift concert?
– Sponsorship from Diet Coke vs Covergirl: Why should a guy care who sponsors Taylor?
– Flash forward to 1989… we now have more gender neutral merchandise!
– Do you ever think Taylor unfairly represents males in her songs?
– Our all-male panel discusses the highly controversial quote from Taylor Swift’s April 2013 Vanity Fair article:
“There’s a special place in hell for women who don’t help other women.”
– Find out why our male cast thinks this quote was taken out of context, who ACTUALLY said it and more.
– August 17 & 18: The 1989 World Tour – Glendale, AZ
– August 21-22, 24-26: The 1989 World Tour – Los Angeles, CA
– August 29: The 1989 World Tour – San Diego, CA
Direct download: 190_Episode_190_-_Taylor_Talk_CLASSIC_-_All_The_Guys_-_Taylor_Talk__The_Taylor_Swift_Podcast.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 10:38pm PDT