Sun, 30 August 2015
Episode 191 - Say you’ll remember me, even if it’s just pretend… Ladies and gentlemen, the music video you have been waiting for has arrived. The music video for “Wildest Dreams” is out now and it is absolute perfection!!! (You can hear the fangirl in my voice!) In Episode 191, your hosts Adam, Diane, and Steve break down the “Wildest Dream” music video thematically and discuss how the visual elements (Old Hollywood, Africa) relate to the story of the song. Since there was so much detail in this video, we’re sure we may have missed some moments, so let us know what your favorite parts were. What did you think of the video? Happy listening!
Highlights from Episode 191 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion: “Wildest Dreams” Music Video
– I think we can agree that this was the perfect video for the perfect song!!!
– The video took the lyric “even if it’s just pretend” and ran with it… Cue shattering heartbreak.
– How did Old Hollywood and shots of Africa contribute to the theme of the song?
– Steve notes Taylor’s strong resemblance to Ava Gardner.
– All of Taylor’s proceeds from the music video will be donated to wild animal conservation efforts through the African Parks Foundation of America.
– There were so many guests at Taylor’s five sold-out LA shows that it was hard to keep track. (Oops! We forgot America’s sweetheart, Ellen DeGeneres.)
– Nicki Minaj opened the MTV VMAs with Taylor Swift as her surprise guest! Looks like there’s no bad blood between them.
– And Video of the Year goes to…. Taylor Swift for “Bad Blood”!!!
– September 4: The 1989 World Tour – Salt Lake City, UT
– September 5 & 6: The 1989 World Tour – Denver, CO
– September 9: The 1989 World Tour – Houston, TX
– September 11 & 12: The 1989 World Tour – St. Paul, MN
Direct download: 191_Episode_191_-_Wildest_Dreams_Music_Video_-_Taylor_Talk__The_Taylor_Swift_Podcast.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 9:51pm PDT
Sun, 16 August 2015
Episode 190 - Swifties, this week we bring you the first Taylor Talk Classic! As Adam so charismatically explains in this episode’s introduction, we have years worth of content we want to share with you (just in case you haven’t listened to every single episode!) Adam chose one of his favorites this week, the “All The Guys” episode, which was originally released in March 2013. Listen up to gain some insight on what it’s like to be a male Swifty. (And fun fact: this was Steve’s first Taylor Talk episode!) Enjoy!
Highlights from Episode 190 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion: Taylor Talk Classic “All The Guys Episode”
– The guys discuss how they discovered Taylor Swift.
– How can male listeners relate to songs written from a female perspective?
– What’s it like being a guy in a predominantly female fanbase?
– Are you ever uncomfortable being a guy in a crowd of teenage girls at a Taylor Swift concert?
– Sponsorship from Diet Coke vs Covergirl: Why should a guy care who sponsors Taylor?
– Flash forward to 1989… we now have more gender neutral merchandise!
– Do you ever think Taylor unfairly represents males in her songs?
– Our all-male panel discusses the highly controversial quote from Taylor Swift’s April 2013 Vanity Fair article:
“There’s a special place in hell for women who don’t help other women.”
– Find out why our male cast thinks this quote was taken out of context, who ACTUALLY said it and more.
– August 17 & 18: The 1989 World Tour – Glendale, AZ
– August 21-22, 24-26: The 1989 World Tour – Los Angeles, CA
– August 29: The 1989 World Tour – San Diego, CA
Direct download: 190_Episode_190_-_Taylor_Talk_CLASSIC_-_All_The_Guys_-_Taylor_Talk__The_Taylor_Swift_Podcast.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 10:38pm PDT
Mon, 3 August 2015
Episode 189 - Dear Swifties, Taylor Swift reminds you to please try to never grow up. This past week, Taylor met her godson, Leo Thames, the son of Jaime King and Kyle Newman, and posted some adorable photos with him on Instagram. In honor of his birth, we discuss “Never Grow Up.” Although the song was never heavily promoted, “Never Grow Up” still continues to be a fan favorite for its poignant and nostalgic lyrics. (I’m not crying. You are.)
What do you think of “Never Grow Up”? Is Taylor mourning the loss of her childhood? How does she think we should try to never grow up? Can we? Leave your response in the comments. Enjoy the episode!
Highlights from Episode 189 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion: “Never Grow Up” Song Analysis
– Thanks to listener Rachel for suggesting that we discuss “Never Grow Up” in honor of Taylor’s newborn godson.
– Raise your hand if this song makes you miss your childhood…
– Taylor moved out in July… Leo Thames was born in July… Coincidence? I THINK NOT!
– Why does Taylor change from saying “you” to saying “I”? What’s the emotional impact of the pronoun shift?
– Want more “Never Grow Up”? Steve reminded us that we discussed it previously on Episode 107 for Taylor’s 24th birthday.
– Taylor Talk Challenge: how many months would it take us to get to Episode 1989?
– What would we do without Sami’s @TSwiftOnTour updates?
– You know you’re a Swifty when you buy a Taylor Swift coloring book!!
– We LOVE iTunes reviews! Leave us a review and we’ll read it on the show.
– August 4 & 5: The 1989 World Tour – Edmonton, AB – Rexall Place.
– August 8: The 1989 World Tour – Seattle, WA – CenturyLink Field.
– August 14 & 15: The 1989 World Tour – Santa Clara, CA – Levi’s Stadium.
– August 15: Diane turns…. 24. ugh.
Direct download: 189_Episode_189_-_Never_Grow_Up_-_Taylor_Talk__The_Taylor_Swift_Podcast_2.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 12:28am PDT