Episode 177 - Oh my my my, how Taylor Swift has changed from the “Love Story” girl! In Episode 177 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, we discuss Taylor’s new, realistic take on love in her song “Wildest Dreams.” Taylor says that when she meets someone new, her first thought is, “When this is over, I hope they think well of me.” Her opinion on love has changed from a more romantic happily-ever-after viewpoint to something more fatalistic. What’s your take on this perspective? Do you see love like Taylor does? Let us know your thoughts and what you think of “Wildest Dreams.” Enjoy the episode!
Also: We were nominated for BEST ENTERTAINMENT PODCAST at the 2015 Podcast Awards!!
VOTE AT PODCASTAWARDS.COM
Highlights from Episode 177 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion: “Wildest Dreams” Song Analysis
– Is going into a relationship thinking that it will ultimately end really a fair way to enter a relationship?
– Steve says “Wildest Dreams” is about forming an immediate connection with someone. That’s one way to put it!
– Taylor Swift writes with her heart. Literally!
– How does the music create the mood of the song?
– Some people debate on whether or not this song sounds like Lana Del Rey. We debate on how to say “Lana.”
– Adam’s so vain, he probably thinks this song is about him.
– We kind of have a singing contest. And I’m kind of sure you’ll never want us to do it again.
– WE’RE NOMINATED FOR BEST ENTERTAINMENT PODCAST IN THE PODCAST AWARDS! Please vote daily at podcastawards.com!
– Meredith owes Taylor $40 million
for scratching her leg. MeOW.
– Taylor will appear on Live with Kelly and Michael on March 25th.
– The Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards are on March 28th.
– March 29th are the iHeartRadio Music Awards.