Mon, 26 August 2013
Episode 77 --
This week in Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, a friend of the show, Taylor (@Taylorr_GC) joins us from the land down under for Episode 77 to discuss the song “Sparks Fly.” Many of Taylor’s singles, like Sparks Fly don’t do nearly as well in Australia as they do in the United States… why? We analyze the potential reasons for this as well as the creation of “Sparks Fly”: from a sixteen-year old Taylor’s daydream to a fiery, powerful showstopper. Enjoy the episode!
Highlights from Episode 77 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
- Main Discussion of Episode 77 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast: “Sparks Fly” song analysis
- Steve teaches the youngins about 8 tracks.
Direct download: Episode_77_-_Sparks_Fly_-_Taylor_Talk_-_The_Taylor_Swift_Podcast.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 1:04am PDT
Mon, 19 August 2013
Episode 76 - I Almost Do
One of our favorite guest hosts, Eric from the All Guys Episode, joins us for Episode 76 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast to discuss one of the most poignant songs off the RED album, “I Almost Do.” Despite the sad nature of this week’s song discussion, we share some laughs over listeners’ creative mini-segment submissions and engage in a heated debate over what qualifies as being a true member of the Swifty community. Happy listening
In Episode 76 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Direct download: Episode_76_-_I_Almost_Do_-_Taylor_Talk-_The_Taylor_Swift_Podcast.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 1:36am PDT
Sun, 11 August 2013
Episode 75 - Will Swifties Ever Outgrow Taylor?
In Episode 75 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, Adam, Diane, and Steve discuss whether or not we will ever outgrow Taylor Swift. Spoiler alert: the answer is no! Duh! Listen up for countless reasons why Taylor Swift will always hold a special place in our hearts, as well as RED Tour updates, mini-segment fun, and more! Enjoy!
In Episode 75 of Taylor Talk: the Taylor Swift Podcast:
- Adam starts off the episode with a trivia question: which one of Taylor Swift's videos stars a former Tennessee Titans football player? Stay tuned because the answer is at the end of the episode!
- Taylor should take performance notes from The Script
- Want to know what's on Taylor Swift's bucket list? See the Marie Claire article "What's on: Taylor Swift" to find out!
- Taylor Swift wears contacts? And glasses?
- Bowling for Soup admits they want to live like Award Show Taylor Swift.
- Taylor Swift won two Teen Choice Awards: Choice Female Country Artist and Choice Country Song for "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together"
- We shamelessly ask you to vote for Taylor in the MTV VMAs! Monday, August 12th is the LAST day to vote!!
- Steve likes to pretend Taylor Swift wrote "Hey Stephen" about him
- Diane is going to feel 22 on August 15th! You can wish her a happy birthday via twitter @notadumblond9.
- We answer some questions from ask.fm/taylortalk13 in our new segment: Tell Me Why.
- Do you think one day when we grow up we will stop liking Taylor Swift? Short answer... no!
- Adam relates this question to Harry Potter... because he relates everything to Harry Potter :)
- There's so much nostalgia associated with being a Swifty. We're always going to like her music, but maybe for a different reason in the future.
- "Taylor is a writer who tells stories. And stories live forever." - Adam Bromberg
- How can people relate to Taylor Swift if they haven't been in a relationship?
- You can enjoy music regardless if you can relate to the song or not.
- We go through some awesome mini-segments!
- Steve and Adam should go on a bromantic man-date so Steve can tip the waiter $13.
- Adam has his own "You Know You're a Swifty When" moment!
- Foreign word of the day for Americans: "chemist"
- For the people in long distance relationships, Swifties Are Listening to: "Gotta Get There" by Brett Eldredge. Brett Eldredge also opened for Taylor on the RED Tour!
- Adam's so vain... he probably thinks the email was about him. Or is it...?
Direct download: Episode_75_-_Will_We_Ever_Outgrow_Taylor__-_Taylor_Talk__The_Taylor_Swift_Podcast.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 11:56pm PDT
Mon, 5 August 2013
Episode 74 - Sad Beautiful Tragic
Hooray! After a several month hiatus, song analyses are back! In episode 74 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, Adam, Diane, and Steve break down arguably the most underrated song on the RED album: "Sad Beautiful Tragic." In addition, we discuss Taylor Swift's recent articles in Rolling Stone and her drive to persuade Ed Sheeran to enter ice cream eating contests. We also launch a new segment, "Tell Me Why" that allows you to submit any Taylor-related questions via ask.fm/taylortalk13. We had a great time recording this one, and we hope you have an even better time listening to it! Enjoy :)
In Episode 74 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast:
- Adam starts off with a Stump the Hosts question for Diane and Steve... Did you know Gary Lightbody's voice is actually in two songs on the RED album?
- You should go to hifromtaylor.com. Just do it.
- On weekends, Taylor Swift encourages Ed Sheeran to enter ice cream eating contests.
- Be sure to read Rolling Stone's extensive interview entitled "Backstage with Taylor Swift." Apparently Taylor notices all of your giant fan-made posters of Meredith ;)
- Rolling Stone ranked Taylor Swift as number 49 in "50 Greatest Live Acts Right Now."
- Don't forget to vote for Taylor in the Teen Choice Awards (it's the last week to vote) and the MTV VMAs! Fun fact: Taylor Swift hasn't won a VMA since Kayne interrupted her... so let's make sure she wins this year!
- Taylor will perform on CMA Music Festival: Country’s Night To Rock hosted by Little Big Town. You can watch the taping on Monday Aug 12th at 8/7c on ABC.
- Diane rolls her eyes at the male egos on Taylor Talk.
- Taylor's best friend, Abigail Anderson, attended the Kansas City RED show.
- We launch a new segment *drumroll* "Tell Me Why"! You can leave us questions for this segment via ask.fm/taylortalk13.
- Main Discussion: "Sad Beautiful Tragic" song analysis
- The song analysis was a listener request from Maya, from Dec. 1st 2012. This just proves we keep your submissions... for a long time!
- Adam and Steve admit they don't like sad Taylor Swift songs.
- Is this song appropriate to play at a funeral?
- Is this song related to "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together"? "Words, how little they mean when you're a little too late" = "He calls me up and he's like 'I still love you"
- Diane renames the song "Sad Quiet and Subtle"
- What's the deal with the train? We theorize it as a reference to the film, the Source Code.
- Taylor Swift did her own backup vocals on this song.
- Story of how the song was written: Taylor composed it on her tour bus, and her vocals from the original demo were used on the song because they sounded so pure & raw.
- We analyze how this song fits into the relationship progression of the RED album's songs.
- You know you're a Swifty when... we go through some hilarious mini-segments from listeners!
- Adam scares everyone by threatening to get a giant Taylor related tattoo on his back. No. Just no.
- What are Swifties Listening To? “Different” by Ximena Sarinana
- Adam's so vain... his ego is getting too big for this podcast.
Direct download: Episode_74_-_Sad_Beautiful_Tragic_-_Taylor_Talk__The_Taylor_Swift_Podcast.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 12:35am PDT