Sun, 26 April 2015
Episode 181 - Welcome to the 1989 World Tour… it’s been waiting for you! Well, almost! Since the 1989 World Tour is just days away, your hosts Adam, Steve, and special guest Agustin of The Swift Agency bring you their tour predictions. Remember that we have NO inside information. We’re just fans, like you, who are SUPER excited for the 1989 World Tour! What songs would you like to see on tour? How do you think Taylor will perform them? We’d love to hear your tour predictions! Enjoy the show!
Highlights from Episode 181 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion: 1989 World Tour Predictions
– Since Agustin loves Taylor’s element of surprise, he hopes he’s way off on his tour predictions!
– Which song off 1989 do you think will be cut from the setlist?
– We visualize “Welcome to New York” as the tour opener.
– How will Taylor bring her popular singles, like Blank Space, to the stage?
– “Pretty much everything from the 80’s went out of style though.” – Quotes by Steve
– Agustin has an amazing idea to get the fans involved (and onstage!) during the 1989 tour.
– What special thing do you think Taylor will do on the b-stage? (covers? old songs?)
– We hope new country artist Kelsea Ballerini will be a special guest on the 1989 tour! (check out her interview on Taylor Talk Episode 178)
– I might still be crying over Mama Swift’s speech before giving Taylor her ACM Milestone award…
– Glamour UK has a new guest editor for June 2015… Taylor Swift! Her issue is on newsstands on April 30th.
– You know your dad is a Swifty when he sings Taylor Swift while washing dishes. He thinks they’re finally clean…
– Swifties are listening to “Fly” by Avril Lavigne.
– May 5th: The 1989 World Tour kicks off in Tokyo, Japan!
– May 15th: Taylor Swift performs at Rockin Rio in Las Vegas, NV.
– May 17th: The Billboard Awards air on ABC at 8/7c.
– May 20th: The 1989 World Tour kicks off in the US in Bossier City, Louisiana.
Direct download: 181_Episode_181_-_1989_Tour_Predictions_-_Taylor_Talk__The_Taylor_Swift_Podcast.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 10:16pm PST
Sun, 12 April 2015
Episode 180 - God Bless, Andrea Swift. This one’s for you. Episode 180 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast is dedicated to Mama Swift. Since Taylor announced this week that her mom had been diagnosed with cancer, we wanted to use this episode to honor Andrea.
We discuss “The Best Day,” the heartfelt song Taylor wrote for her mom back in 2007 as a Christmas surprise. What do you think of the song? Does it remind you of your childhood? We also want to encourage you, as the Swift family does, to have all to have your loved ones checked for cancer, just in case. For now, enjoy the episode and please keep the Swift family in your thoughts!
Highlights from Episode 180 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion: “The Best Day” Song Analysis
– No one has impacted Taylor’s life more than her mother, Andrea Swift.
– Fun fact: Taylor gave this song & video to her mom as a Christmas present, and it took Mama Swift a while to realize that it was Taylor singing about her!
– Do you remember that childhood feeling that your parents could fix anything?
– Adam argues that Taylor plays around with perspectives in this song.
– Does this song remind you of your relationship with your mom?
– Keep Andrea, Taylor, and the rest of the Swift family in your thoughts. They have an important battle to fight.
– Taylor encourages us to be proactive about cancer by making sure our loved ones get checked. EDUCATE yourself at http://www.cancer.org/healthy.
– The 2015 Podcast Awards are this Tuesday, April 14th! You can watch the live stream at 6:00pm PST at PodcastOne.com.
– Taylor Swift is nominated for 14 Billboard awards! Did they nominate anyone else??
– April 19: The 50th Annual ACM Awards will take place in Dallas, TX and broadcast live on CBS.
– April 26: The 2015 Music Radio Disney Music Awards will air on the Disney Channel at 8pm ET/PT.
Direct download: 180_Episode_180_-_The_Best_Day_With_Andrea_Swift_-_Taylor_Talk__The_Taylor_Swift_Podcast.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 9:36pm PST