Mon, 27 January 2014
GRAMMY EDITION - Remembering These Grammys All Too Well - Lorde "Royals" Daft Punk "Get Lucky" Kacey Musgraves "Merry Go Round" - Episode 118 - Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Episode 118 - I'm a crumbled up piece of paper lying here because Taylor performed "All Too Well" at the Grammys! On Episode 118 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, the hosts give you full coverage of the 56th Grammy Awards. We discuss the red carpet, the nature of the Grammy awards and how they pick the winners, and Taylor's breath-taking performance of "All Too Well." We also go back in the Taylor Swift time machine and discuss Taylor's past Grammy performances from 2009-2013. And even though Taylor didn't win a Grammy this year, she is still our seven-time Grammy winning girl, our favorite. Enjoy the episode!
Highlights from Episode 118 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast:
- The RED Tour is coming to London! Taylor will perform at London's O2 on Feb. 1st & 2nd.
- We bring you full coverage of the 56th Grammy Awards!
- What did you think of Taylor Swift's red carpet dress? The hosts give mixed reviews.
- Maya loved Colbie Caillat's red dress.
- Grammy winners are determined "without regard to album sales or chart promotion." That explains it.
- Adam defines an "artist" as someone who writes or at least co-writes their own music.
- Diane is baffled by Daft Punk's helmets. What?
- That moment when you accidentally think RED won Album of the Year and then your heart is broken...
- Why did Fearless win Album of the Year in 2008 and RED didn't?
- Can we talk about how incredible it is that Taylor chose to perform "All Too Well" because the Swifties asked her to?
- Taylor sure looked pissed about that scarf!
- What's your all-time favorite Taylor Swift Grammy performance? We discuss her performances from 2008-2013.
- Fun fact: Queen Latifah can marry you now!
- You know you're a Swifty when you describe yourself as a hardcore Taylor Swift fan.
- View all the nominees and winners of the 56th Grammy Awards at grammy.com/nominees.
Direct download: 118_Episode_118_-_GRAMMYS_2014_-_Taylor_Talk__The_Taylor_Swift_Podcast.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 12:45am PDT
Mon, 20 January 2014
Episode 117 - Disclaimer: This episode contains a repeated use of the “K-Word." In Episode 117 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, your hosts discuss “Innocent,” a song written in response to the 2009 MTV VMAs made infamous when Kanye West interrupted Taylor Swift during her acceptance speech for Female Video of the Year. However, we analyze this song in a new way to unearth themes of forgiveness, acceptance, and growing up. Listen up for lots of laughs and insight from our hosts in this SUPER episode. Enjoy the show!
Highlights from Episode 117 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast:
- “Innocent”... what is this song really about?
- This song may have been inspired by Kanye, but it is certainly not just about him.
- The hosts discuss how this song portrays the shocking realizations of life not always being the way you want it to be.
- “I spoke to her mother right about and she said the same thing my mother would’ve said.” What did Mama Swift say??
- Read Kanye’s apology to Taylor on latimesblogs.latimes.com.
The Other Stuff
- Mishell is back by popular demand!
- Check out Taylor’s fourth collection for Keds at taylorswift.com/keds.
- Only one week until the Grammy Awards! Watch the show on Sun Jan 26th on CBS at 8pm.
- We debut a brand new game… “If This Was a Movie”
- We bring you the return of Adam’s Batman voice.
- Mishell wants stuffed Merediths in the Taylor Swift store! Are you listening Taylor Nation?
- A listener puts herself in the director’s chair and tells us how she’d direct a music video for “Innocent.”
- If Swifties ruled the world, the soundtrack from every movie would be written by Taylor.
- Taylor Talk Large and XL t-shirts are sold out! Only small and medium shirts are left in the store.
Direct download: 117_Episode_117_-_Innocent_-_Taylor_Talk__The_Taylor_Swift_Podcast.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 12:26am PDT
Wed, 15 January 2014
Episode 116 - Everyone has that one Taylor Swift song that grabbed them and made them a Swifty. In Episode 116 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, we discuss which songs on each album made Taylor Swift the superstar she is today. And since Taylor's a superstar, it's surprising that she does not yet have a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. But did you know that fans can nominate celebrities to receive a star? Swifties should nominated Taylor! Let us know if you'd be willing to help nominate Taylor Swift to get a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. Happy listening!
Highlights from Episode 116 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast:
- We are combining our mid-week episode and our Monday shows into one awesome show per week!
- Which song off RED helped Taylor acquire more Swifties? Let us know your thoughts!
- We discuss whether or not moving into the pop genre helped Taylor grow in popularity.
- Fun Fact: "The Story of Us" was the song that made Adam a Swifty.
- "Love Story" and "You Belong With Me" may be the all-time Swift classics.
- A listener listens while she's working out! We're so happy Taylor Talk can help keep you healthy.
- Do you think Taylor will receive a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame?
- Fun Fact: Only 20 people are chosen per year to get a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- So... who wants to get Taylor Swift a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame? It would be the coolest gift ever!
Direct download: 116_Episode_116_-_Which_Songs_Helped_Taylor_Swift_Grow__-_Taylor_Talk__The_Taylor_Swift_Podcast.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 9:14pm PDT
Sun, 12 January 2014
Episode 115 - Taylor Swift will always be our golden girl. The Golden Globes aired Sunday, January 12th, and unfortunately, Taylor did not take home an award. This was the second time Taylor was nominated in the Best Original Song category; this year she was nominated for "Sweeter Than Fiction" for the movie One Chance. Although Taylor didn't win, your hosts of Episode 115 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast discuss the entire award ceremony as well as predict whether or not Taylor will be nominated for an Oscar. Let us know your thoughts on the Golden Globes in the comments below. Happy listening!
Highlights from Episode 115 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast:
- Taylor tells Variety magazine that "the creative process is something she can never live without."
- The rumors were true... Taylor is performing at the Grammys!
- The Golden Globes (Swifty-style) with a cute tweet from Taylor.
- Taylor Talk names Taylor best dressed! She wore a gorgeous Red Carolina Herrera dress.
- People magazine caught Jennifer Lawrence creeping up behind Taylor on the Red Carpet!
- U2 and Bono won the Golden Globe for Best Original Song for "Ordinary Love" from the film Mandela.
- It wouldn't be an award show without an little drama... This controversy is brought to you by Tina Fey.
- "Sweeter Than Fiction" is eligible for an Oscar nomination. Do you think Taylor could be nominated?
- You know you're a Swifty when you see a good tweet but it already has 13 retweets and you're too OCD to disrupt that perfection.
- Swifties are listening to "Make Your Move" by Dear Jane, a local band from Australia.
Direct download: 115_Episode_115_-_The_Golden_Globes_2014_-_Taylor_Talk__The_Taylor_Swift_Podcast.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 11:40pm PDT
Wed, 8 January 2014
International Smile by Katy Perry Sounds Like It Might Be About Taylor... Huh? - Episode 114 - Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Episode 114 - Katy Perry's new song might not be about Taylor, but she sure has that "international smile." In Episode 114 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, we recap this week's Taylor news as well as continue to discuss new marketing tactics in the music industry. We also answer some questions on ask.fm, such as whether or not Katy Perry's "International Smile" is about Taylor. Even though online sources said who the song is about (don't cheat!), we analyze the ways the song <em>could</em> be related to Taylor. Hope you enjoy the show!
Highlights from Episode 114 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast:
- Taylor Swift walked away from the PCA's with an award! That's cool considering she didn't even attend!
- Scott Borchetta is allegedly telling Taylor that the fans want to hear "All Too Well" at the Grammys.
- We recap last week's episode about music marketing.
- Check out the Huffington Post's article entitled "What Beyoncé's 'Non-Marketing' Illusion Says About the Current State of Music" we reference in our discussion.
- How do you think marketing affects an album's sales? We kind of think Taylor would sell a bunch of albums anyway.
- Anyone else a fan of HAIM? Or is it just Steve? (Jk. I'm sure their music is awesome)
- Check out our interview with Taylor's former manager, Rick Barker, in Episode 20.
- If you were not a Swifty, what artist would you be a die-hard fan of? Adam would not be a fan of Justin Bieber.
- Penny Lane is in my ears, and in my heart.... da dadada daaa, da dadada daaa.
- On a scale of 1-10, how likely is "International Smile" by Katy Perry about Taylor Swift?
Direct download: 114_Episode_114_-_Is_Katy_Perrys__Incredible_Smile__About_Taylor_Swift__-_Taylor_Talk__The_Taylor_Swift_Podcast.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 11:50pm PDT
Mon, 6 January 2014
Episode 113 - Will Taylor Swift follow the change in mainstream pop music or break from it? In Episode 113 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, your hosts -- Adam, Diane, Steve, and Sami -- discuss Taylor's relationship to the changing landscape of pop music. Artists like Lorde, Lana Del Rey, and others are creating unique and edgier sounds. Could Taylor move in that direction and make music along the lines of "I Knew You Were Trouble"? What if she dropped in album with no warning like Beyonce? Regardless, Taylor always does something incredible to surprise the fans. Be sure to let us know what you think is next for Taylor in terms of her sound. Enjoy the show!
Highlights from Episode 113 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast:
- We want to thank everyone for their amazing support & helping us get nominated for a podcast award. We have the best listeners ever!
- Taylor Swift will help launch CMT After MidNite With Cody Alan, a new radio show. Taylor will appear on Tuesday January 7th.
- Did you know the RED Tour sold 1.5 million tickets? Whoa.
- Beyonce dropped an album in the middle of the night with no promotion -- would Taylor do that?
- It would be super cool if Taylor Swift announced her next album on Taylor Talk. Just saying.
- Artists like Lorde, Passenger, and A Great Big World are changing the sound of pop music. We wonder if Taylor's new sound will be similar to theirs.
- You know you’re a Swifty when your friend complains that you tweet about Taylor too much. Oops.
- Swifties are listening to the new motion picture soundtrack for the film Frozen!
Direct download: 113_Episode_113_-_Taylor_Swift_vs._New_Pop_-_Taylor_Talk__The_Taylor_Swift_Podcast.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 1:01am PDT
Wed, 1 January 2014
Episode 112 - Happy 2014 Swifties! In Episode 112 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, we discuss what we think Taylor Swift will achieve in 2014. Could this be the year she wins a Golden Globe? What about an Oscar? Taylor will also release her fifth studio album this year, and she teases "this [album] just started on new territory." Let us know what you're excited about for Taylor Swift in 2014, and enjoy the show!
But wait, in other Taylor Talk news, the Podcast Awards are this Sunday! Tune in via life stream this Sunday at 6:30pm PST on podcastawards.com to see if Taylor Talk won the Best Entertainment and People's Choice Podcast Awards!
Highlights of Episode 112 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast:
- The Podcast Awards will be aired via live stream this Sunday at 6:30pm PST on podcastawards.com.
- What do you think Taylor would like to achieve in 2014?
- "I would love to get to go the Oscars someday. That’s why I’m so happy to get to be a part of movies."
- Could "Sweeter Than Fiction" get Taylor Swift an Oscar?
- Be sure to watch The 40th Annual People’s Choice Awards next Wednesday, Jan. 8, 2014 9:00pm on CBS. Our girl is nominated for Favorite Country Artist!
- We predict that Taylor Swift will win the People's Choice Award. I hope we're right!
- Could Taylor add RED Tour dates for Asia in the spring?
- Diane plans her 23th birthday party... seeing The Giver in theaters.
- Taylor talks about her fifth album: "A great deal of what will happen this year has to do with what will happen this next month." What does that mean?!?
Direct download: 112_Episode_112_-_Taylor_Swift_In_2014_-_Taylor_Talk__The_Taylor_Swift_Podcast.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 10:00pm PDT