Mon, 30 March 2015
Episode 179 - Bring on all the pretenders, we’re not afraid. In Episode 179 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, we’re joined by our good friend, Agustin from theswiftagency.com, to discuss “Long Live,” one of Taylor Swift’s most powerful anthems. This song is both a celebration for her team and her fans. Our throwback to the Speak Now era comes at a perfect time too, because although Taylor is now a self-proclaimed pop artist, country music organizations, like the ACMs, keep honoring her with awards! It just goes to show that Taylor Swift left a strong legacy behind her in country music and will undoubtedly do the same for pop music. What do you think of “Long Live”? Would you put it on a greatest hits album for Taylor Swift? Feel free to share your thoughts. Enjoy the episode!
Highlights from Episode 179 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion: “Long Live” Song Analysis
– Who did Taylor write “Long Live” for? The fans, her team, or both?
– It’s impossible to read the lyrics to this song without singing them (have fun listening to Adam try).
– Who is the “you” in the song? Grant? Amos? Scott Borchetta?
– At Taylor’s 2009 CMA Entertainer of the Year win, a band of thieves in ripped up jeans got to rule the world.
– It’s okay if you need to excuse yourself and get a tissue while we talk about the bridge…
– Happy birthday Kenny Chesney! You get Taylor Swift at your concert as a present
– Fortune names Taylor Swift as the greatest female leader in the world, but we already knew that.
– Country music just won’t stop giving Taylor awards, will they?
– Taylor surprised us all by performing backup guitar for Madonna’s iHeartRadio performance!!
– As Agustin said, you can take the girl out of country, but you can’t take country out of the girl — the ACMS are honoring Taylor with a Milestone Award on April 19th.
Direct download: 179_Episode_179_-_Long_Live_-_Taylor_Talk__The_Taylor_Swift_Podcast.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 12:36am PDT