Sun, 25 October 2015
Episode 195 -
They just don’t make pop stars like Taylor Swift. In Episode 195 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, we cover GQ Magazine’s “interrogation” of Taylor Swift. GQ’s journalist, Chuck Klosterman, holds nothing back when he asks Taylor the hardball questions about her songwriting, her fame, her public persona, and the most hitting, “Is thinking about [her] real life an essential part of appreciating [her] music?” Can Taylor Swift’s music be enjoyed if you know nothing about her? Can her songs stand alone without the megastar that is Taylor Swift behind them? The hosts give their perspective in the episode, but we want to hear yours. Leave your thoughts in the comments section. Enjoy the show!
Highlights from Episode 195 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion: GQ Cover Article/Interview
– Taylor reveals her vision for the “Wildest Dreams” music video. Does this change your perception of the song?
– The music video idea was inspired by Ava Gardner’s Secret Conversations.
– “If you don’t take Swift seriously, you don’t take contemporary music seriously.”
– GQ claims Taylor’s 1989 could rival Michael Jackson’s Thriller if it had been released in the 1980s.
– Would Taylor’s music be popular if it wasn’t Taylor Swift behind it? What a blunt question.
– Taylor Swift is 25. But she is older than you. (but this is obviously true if you are under 25).
– Taylor has been nominated for SIX AMA Awards! Vote now at ama.votenow.tv
– The 1989 World Tour continues to surprise with Ellie Goulding, Miranda Lambert, and Tove Lo as special guests.
– October 27: The 1989 World Tour – Miami, FL
– October 31: The 1989 World Tour – Tampa, FL
Direct download: 195_Episode_195_-_GQ_-_Taylor_Talk__The_Taylor_Swift_Podcast.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 9:47pm PDT