Mon, 20 January 2014
Episode 117 - Disclaimer: This episode contains a repeated use of the “K-Word." In Episode 117 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, your hosts discuss “Innocent,” a song written in response to the 2009 MTV VMAs made infamous when Kanye West interrupted Taylor Swift during her acceptance speech for Female Video of the Year. However, we analyze this song in a new way to unearth themes of forgiveness, acceptance, and growing up. Listen up for lots of laughs and insight from our hosts in this SUPER episode. Enjoy the show!
Highlights from Episode 117 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast:
- “Innocent”... what is this song really about?
- This song may have been inspired by Kanye, but it is certainly not just about him.
- The hosts discuss how this song portrays the shocking realizations of life not always being the way you want it to be.
- “I spoke to her mother right about and she said the same thing my mother would’ve said.” What did Mama Swift say??
- Read Kanye’s apology to Taylor on latimesblogs.latimes.com.
The Other Stuff
- Mishell is back by popular demand!
- Check out Taylor’s fourth collection for Keds at taylorswift.com/keds.
- Only one week until the Grammy Awards! Watch the show on Sun Jan 26th on CBS at 8pm.
- We debut a brand new game… “If This Was a Movie”
- We bring you the return of Adam’s Batman voice.
- Mishell wants stuffed Merediths in the Taylor Swift store! Are you listening Taylor Nation?
- A listener puts herself in the director’s chair and tells us how she’d direct a music video for “Innocent.”
- If Swifties ruled the world, the soundtrack from every movie would be written by Taylor.
- Taylor Talk Large and XL t-shirts are sold out! Only small and medium shirts are left in the store.
Direct download: 117_Episode_117_-_Innocent_-_Taylor_Talk__The_Taylor_Swift_Podcast.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 12:26am PDT