Episode 77 --
This week in Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, a friend of the show, Taylor (@Taylorr_GC) joins us from the land down under for Episode 77 to discuss the song “Sparks Fly.” Many of Taylor’s singles, like Sparks Fly don’t do nearly as well in Australia as they do in the United States… why? We analyze the potential reasons for this as well as the creation of “Sparks Fly”: from a sixteen-year old Taylor’s daydream to a fiery, powerful showstopper. Enjoy the episode!
Highlights from Episode 77 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
- Taylor (@Taylorr_GC) from Australia joins us this episode.
- FYI: We only have two XL Taylor Talk shirts left
- A listener sends Adam a joke, so it’s actually funny.
- Taylor Swift broke the record for the most sold out shows at the Staples Center!
- Taylor wins the VMA for Female Music Video of the Year!
- Diane answers the age old question: what is the difference between jelly and jam?
- Harry Styles is cool with Taylor writing a song about him, if she hasn’t done so already.
- Sami gives us the weekly RED Tour Wrap-Up from @TSwiftonTour.
- Tell Me Why: What is your response to people who insult Taylor because of her relationships?
- Don’t make an Aussie mad… they’ll throw a boomerang at you.
- Main Discussion of Episode 77 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast: “Sparks Fly” song analysis
- Country music may not be as big in Australia as it is in the United States… is that why some of Taylor’s songs aren’t as popular?
- Fans loved “Sparks Fly” when Taylor performed it live, so she put a version of the song on Speak Now. We compare the original with Taylor’s revision.
- Adam denies all the potential innuendos in this song, but Steve sees sparks fly whenever Jake Owen smiles
- Adam’s so vain, he thinks “Sparks Fly” is about him.
- Steve teaches the youngins about 8 tracks.
- You know you’re a Swifty when you think of creative ways to compliment people on their Keds.
- What are Swifties Listening To? “Get Your Shine On” by Florida Georgia Line
- Am I (Diane) the only one who didn’t know “Get Your Shine On” was about moonshine…? Awkward.
- Aww… Nobody in Australia ever says “throw another shrimp on the barbie.”