Sun, 10 August 2014
THE 5TH ALBUM IS COMING! - Episode 146 - Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast --- Swifties are also listening to: If You Ask Me To by MacKenzie Porter
Episode 146 - Say goodbye to the Red Era… album five is coming! In Episode 146 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, your hosts — Adam, Diane, and Sami — discuss the three clues Taylor released on Twitter and Instagram that possibly relate to her upcoming album. What’s the relationship between an elevator, Olivia, a polaroid camera, and yahoo.com? Listen up to hear our theories and be sure to share your own. Enjoy the show!
Highlights from Episode 146 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion – Fifth Album Clues
- Yahoo may have spilled the beans, even though Scott Borchetta says nothing has been confirmed.
- Is there any significance to certain things being cut out of the Instagram pictures?
- We wonder if these clues also hint to the subject of the new single, not just the album announcement.
- That awkward moment when the album five announcement is actually Taylor announcing her retirement… (just kidding)
- Only the Taylor Talk hosts would have an entire discussion about capitalization
- A preview of Taylor in the The Giver has been released! What did you think?
- Be sure to check out Taylor Swift on the Tonight Show and Late Night this week!
- Raise your hand if you want a review of The Giver mini-episode this weekend! (I hope Steve & Maya are okay with this idea)
- You know you’re a Taylor Talker when you listen to Taylor Talk on the elliptical at your gym, and the lady working there has to ask you to get off the machine because you’ve been on for two hours and didn’t realize it!!
- Swifties are listening to “If You Ask Me To” - MacKenzie Porter
Direct download: 146_Episode_146_-_5th_Album_Is_Coming_-_Taylor_Talk__The_Taylor_Swift_Podcast.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 11:32pm PDT
Sun, 3 August 2014
Jump Then Fall - Episode 145 - Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast - Swifties Are Listening to "Chasing The Sun" by Hilary Duff
Episode 145 - Prepare to jump then fall into this episode of Taylor Talk! In Episode 145 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, we discuss one of Taylor’s cutest, feel-good songs: “Jump Then Fall!” Although it’s a relatively straight forward song, we still dig deep into the song’s complexities and Taylor’s writing style. We hope you enjoy the episode. Happy listening!
Highlights from Episode 145 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion – “Jump Then Fall” Song Analysis
- You may think the theme of this song is simple, but we still manage to debate as to what it’s about!
- Taylor describes this song as “happy, bouncy, and lovey.” But mostly bouncy.
- We compare the sound of “Jump Then Fall” to “Stay Stay Stay.”
- Fun fact: did you know this song peaked at number 1 on iTunes the week it was released?
- If Taylor wrote this song from personal experience, how do you think it feels for her to release a song about a crush/relationship that ended?
- Sign our petition to get Taylor to play “Jump Then Fall” on the album five tour!
- We predict when Taylor’s new single will be released based on the fact that she’s giving an “explosive” performance of it at the MTV VMAs!
- “My ambition was to start a new book with the next album, not just a new chapter.” – Taylor’s interview with Candy magazine
- How would you guys like an episode with a book review/movie review of The Giver? Unfortunately, Adam doesn’t want to read.
- You know you’re a Swifty when you ask a random lady at the pool if you can take a picture with her turtle floaty because it’s the same one Taylor used on the 4th of July.
Direct download: 145_Episode_145_-_Jump_Then_Fall_-_Taylor_Talk__The_Taylor_Swift_Podcast.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 10:34pm PDT
Sun, 27 July 2014
Stay Beautiful Song Analysis - Episode 144 - Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast -- Swifties are ALSO Listening To Mother and Father by The Broods
Episode 144 - Hey, by the way… the newest episode of Taylor Talk is out!! In Episode 144 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, we discuss one of the die-hard Swifties’ favorite songs: “Stay Beautiful.” Although this is a song Taylor wrote when she was in her teenage years, in light of a recent Instagram post, she still believes in the selfless of unrequited love. Be sure to share your thoughts on the song. Happy listening!
Highlights from Episode 144 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Direct download: 144_Episode_144_-_Stay_Beautiful_-_Taylor_Talk__The_Taylor_Swift_Podcast_1.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 11:07pm PDT
Sun, 20 July 2014
More Album 5 Stuff, Really?! - Episode 143 - Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast -- Swifties Are Listening To: "Girl In A Country Song" by Maddie & Tae
Episode 143 - It’s a love story… baby just say yes to Album Five theories! In Episode 143 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, we discuss more album five theories courtesy of an article on Zimbio. We discuss song topics from cats to Emma Stone to what it’s like to be boyfriend-less. We hope this episode makes you smile (it made us smile, especially through the randomness that makes recording live fun). Happy listening!
Highlights from Episode 143 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion – More Album Five Discussion? Yes. Yes, indeed.
- Zimbio theorizes what the fifth album could be about… cats? friends? cookies?
- Since Taylor hasn’t had a boyfriend in a while, her only significant relationships are with cats. #sarcasm
- In all seriousness, Taylor might write a song about one of her friend’s life experiences.
- You can find Taylor bakin’ cookies at night! How funny would it be if Taylor wrote a sequel to “Thug Story”?
- We like the idea of a Sweeran song called “Just Friends.”
- Maya and Sami get into a debate about whether or not Taylor may include love on the fifth album.
- That awkward moment when science nerds and heroes throw bottles at Taylor’s house.
- Do you know you can win a chance to attend the premiere and after-party of The Giver? Check out crowdrise.com/thegiver4goodteam to find out how. You can also buy tickets for an early showing of The Giver at Fandango.com.
- FYI: The only person you need to vote for at The Teen Choice Awards is Taylor Swift. Just saying’.
- We have fun thinking about Taylor Swift themed street names.
- What questions would we ask Taylor if she were ever on the show?
- Swifties are listening to “Did You Think” by Erica Morgan.
- Swifties are listening to "Girl In A Country Song" by Maddie and Tae
Direct download: 143_Episode_143_-_Really__More_Album_5_Stuff___-_Taylor_Talk__The_Taylor_Swift_Podcast.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 10:10pm PDT
Sun, 13 July 2014
The Future of Music According to Taylor Swift - Episode 142 - Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast - Swifties Are Listening To "Not In That Way" by Sam Smith
Episode 142 - Join us as we discuss Taylor’s biggest news this month! Although it’s not an album five announcement, Taylor Swift has now been published in the Wall Street Journal! In Episode 142 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, your hosts talk about the WSJ entitled “For Taylor Swift, the Future of Music is a Love Story.” It’s a wonderful piece, full of great “nuggets” of industry insider information. Feel free to share your thoughts on the article, and enjoy the episode!
Highlights from Episode 142 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion – Taylor Swift’s Wall Street Journal Article
- Taylor admits piracy is on the rise, but believes artists should “realize their worth and ask for it.”
- Adam gets heated over what type of music is considered “art”
- Raise your hand if you plan on sharing Taylor’s music with your grandkids!!
- Taylor has always been a fan of the element of surprise (notice I did not say shock).
- Taylor Talk also enjoys the element of surprise… the people who’ve bought Taylor Talk t-shirts know this ;-)
- Which would you rather have: an autograph or a selfie with a celebrity?
- Awesome alert: Taylor has finally addressed the eternal genre question!
- Did you know that you can help raise money for charity AND get the chance to meet the cast of The Giver?
- Vote for Taylor so she can dominate the Teen Choice Awards!
- You know you’re a Swifty when you go to your parent’s office and fax other companies various pictures of Taylor….. Oops. Good going.
- Swifties are listening to “Not In That Way” by Sam Smith
Direct download: 142_Episode_142_-_The_Future_of_Music_According_to_Taylor_Swift_-_Taylor_Talk__The_Taylor_Swift_Podcast.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 11:08pm PDT
Sun, 6 July 2014
A Time Before RED: Part II - Episode 141 - Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast - The Last Time - Sad Beautiful Tragic - Everything Has Changed - Starlight -- Swifties are listening to "Shotgun Wedding" by Jamie Lynn Spears
Episode 141 - Back by popular demand, our RED song title discussion (and Adam’s pirate voice) have returned! In Episode 141 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, we discuss what we thought the rest of the songs on RED were about before we heard them. Let us know what your theories are. Enjoy the show!
Highlights from Episode 141 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion – What did you imagine the songs on RED would be about before you heard them?
- Get ready for our part II discussion on RED songs before you heard them!
- The title “Sad Beautiful Tragic” threw the entire panel off.
- Some of the listeners give an interesting twist to the title “Everything Has Changed.”
- We wonder if Taylor will tackle the theme of death on album five.
- Adam thought “Come Back, Be Here” was about a clingy boyfriend! LOL
- We hope you had a great 4th of July! See what Taylor Swift did to celebrate on her instagram.
- Here’s your daily reminder to vote for Tay in the Teen Choice Awards!
- You know you’re a Swifty when you get engaged in the very same Parisian cafe where “Begin Again” was shot!
- What would Taylor do if Meredith and/or Olivia ran onstage during a concert?
- Swifties are listening to “Shotgun Wedding” by Jamie Lynn Spears.
Direct download: 141_Episode_141_-_What_Did_YOU_Think_Red_Was_About__-_Part_2_-_Taylor_Talk__The_Taylor_Swift_Podcast.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 8:31pm PDT
Sun, 29 June 2014
What Did YOU Think Before Red? - Episode 140 - Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast -- Swifties are also listening to “The People” by Nina Nesbitt
Episode 140 - We take you on a Taylor Swift Flashback to a time before the RED Album! Remember when we got the track list for RED, but hadn’t heard any of the songs yet? In Episode 140 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, per listener request, we reflect on our initial impressions of the song titles and analyze whether or not the song titles fit the song. We’d love to hear your thoughts on our discussion. Happy listening!
Highlights from Episode 140 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion – What did you think the songs on RED were about before you heard the songs?
- We take a look back nearly two years ago before the RED album came out, but when we knew the track list. What did you think her songs were about based on the titles?
- Raise your hand if you thought "The Lucky One" was about Zac Efron.
- “22″ should have been about how many cats Taylor Swift wants. Obviously.
- That awkward moment when Diane was right and yet so wrong about “Red.”
- We talk about the similarities between “Treacherous” and “I Knew You Were Trouble.”
- Adam uses this episode to perfect his pirate accent…. and once again ties Taylor Swift to Harry Potter.
- Cosmopolitan’s “15 Things Not To Say To A Taylor Swift Fan” is a perfect list to send to the Taylor haters!
- Be sure to vote for Taylor Swift in the Teen Choice Awards everyday! (Hint: if you were born between 1995-2001, you are a teen *wink*)
- You know you’re a Swifty when you feel that much more relatable to Taylor Swift because you were both born on a Wednesday morning!
- Swifties are listening to “The People” by Nina Nesbitt.
- WWTD returns!! What would Taylor do if Miley Cyrus interrupted one of her shows by swinging in on a wrecking ball?
Direct download: 140_Episode_140_-_Remember_What_You_Thought_Before_Red__-_Taylor_Talk__The_Taylor_Swift_Podcast.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 10:22pm PDT
Sun, 22 June 2014
Invisible aka You Belong With Me 1.0 - Episode 139 - Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast -- Swifties are also listening to X, Multiply, a new album from Ed Sheeran
Episode 139 - I just want to open your eyes and make you realize… a new episode of Taylor Talk is out! In Episode 139 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, your hosts discuss “Invisible,” Taylor’s beautiful ballad of unrequited love. We also talk about cooking with Barefoot Contessa, Taylor’s new kitten, and touch on Ed Sheeran’s new album. Enjoy the episode!
Highlights from Episode 139 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion – “Invisible” Song Analysis:
- We flash back to a song from Taylor’s high school days, “Invisible.”
- Steve calls this song the first draft of “You Belong With Me.”
- We debate who or what exactly is invisible in this song.
- Adam never fails to find a way to relate Harry Potter to Taylor Swift!
- How does the fact that Taylor wrote this song with a co-writer change the song?
- We wonder why this song was a bonus track rather than being on the original album.
- Taylor Swift says she won’t hang out with boys who are on a diet… just so you know.
- There’s a new kitty in Taylor’s life: Olivia Benson! Does this mean she’s a cat lady now?
- Be sure to vote for Taylor in the Teen Choice Awards.
- You know you’re a Swifty when you name your hermit crab “Swift!”
- MASSIVE end of tour sale going on at the Taylor Swift Online Store! Get it while it’s hot and RED!
- Swifties are listening to Ed Sheeran’s new album “X”
Direct download: 139_Episode_139_-_Invisible_-_Taylor_Talk__The_Taylor_Swift_Podcast.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 11:27pm PDT
Sun, 15 June 2014
13 Moments Of The RED Era - Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast - Episode 138 - Also listening to "Animals" by The Goastt
episode 138 - having post-red tour depression? we are too. in episode 138 of tayLor talk: the taylOr swift podcast, we give you our top 13 momeNts of the red era. as there were so many amazinG moments, we are bound to have missed a few of your favorites, so Let us know what you loved about the red era (samI also adVisEs you to put your red Tour memorieS in the memory boxes of life). enjoy the episode!
Highlights from Episode 138 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion – Top 13 Moments of the RED Era:
- It is actually the end of the RED Tour… so we decided to recap our Top 13 Moments of the RED Era.
- Fun fact: “We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together” was Taylor’s first number one on the Billboard Top 100!
- That awkward moment when Adam gets confused for Prince William.
- The RED Tour broke so many records, including playing in Shanghai, China for the first time (and selling out the show in one minute!!)
- The tour included so many special guests AND introduced us to someone who has now become one of our favorite artists: Ed Sheeran!
- Remember that time Taylor performed “All Too Well” at the Grammys because the fans asked her to?! Good times.
- Let us know what your top RED Era Tour memories were! We’d love to hear them!
- We want to wish a very happy Father’s Day to all the dads out there, including Scott Swift, Taylor’s #1 fan!
- Taylor Swift is featured in Ed Sheeran’s “Nine Days and Nights of Ed Sheeran” Special. Watch it to support this BFFL team!
- You know you’re a Swifty when you make “secret messages” in your writings
Direct download: 138_Episode_138_-_13_Moments_of_the_Red_Era_-_Taylor_Talk__The_Taylor_Swift_Podcast.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 11:17pm PDT
Sun, 8 June 2014
The Outside - Episode 137 - Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast - Black Roses - Clare Bowen - Nashville Cast
Episode 137 - As bad as it sounds, we’re happy Taylor Swift didn’t have friends in middle school. In Episode 137 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, we discuss one of the first songs Taylor ever wrote, “The Outside.” In “The Outside,” Taylor talks about what it’s like to be on the outside looking in, a feeling everyone can relate to at least one point in their lives. However, there is hope. Taylor’s story is proof that even though you may feel like an outcast, what makes you different makes you special. The very same kids who made fun of Taylor for liking country music now get to look up at her performing on stage in front of thousands of people. Enjoy the episode!
Highlights from Episode 137 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion – “The Outside” Song Analysis:
- At twelve years old, Taylor captures the timeless aspect of being an outcast in “The Outside”
- Adam says this song could really be a theme song for Facebook users.
- Taylor draws from a Robert Frost poem to inspire the lyrics in this song. We wonder how many other times Taylor has drawn from outside sources in her writing.
- “If you’re lucky enough to be different, don’t change.” Wise words from Ms. Swift.
- We talk about the similarities between “Mean” and “The Outside.”
- Taylor doesn’t just passively donate to charity; instead, she creates something awesome, like a music production cart for the patients at the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia!
- The RED Tour, aka the tour that never ends, will actually end this week!
- You know you’re a swifty when you’re already saving money for a concert on a tour that hasn’t been announced for an album that hasn’t even been announced!
- Swifties are listening to “Black Roses” by Clare Bowen.
Direct download: 137_Episode_137_-_The_Outside_-_Taylor_Talk__The_Taylor_Swift_Podcast.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 11:51pm PDT