Sun, 27 July 2014
Stay Beautiful Song Analysis - Episode 144 - Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast -- Swifties are ALSO Listening To Mother and Father by The Broods
Episode 144 - Hey, by the way… the newest episode of Taylor Talk is out!! In Episode 144 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, we discuss one of the die-hard Swifties’ favorite songs: “Stay Beautiful.” Although this is a song Taylor wrote when she was in her teenage years, in light of a recent Instagram post, she still believes in the selfless of unrequited love. Be sure to share your thoughts on the song. Happy listening!
Highlights from Episode 144 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Direct download: 144_Episode_144_-_Stay_Beautiful_-_Taylor_Talk__The_Taylor_Swift_Podcast_1.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 11:07pm PST
Sun, 20 July 2014
More Album 5 Stuff, Really?! - Episode 143 - Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast -- Swifties Are Listening To: "Girl In A Country Song" by Maddie & Tae
Episode 143 - It’s a love story… baby just say yes to Album Five theories! In Episode 143 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, we discuss more album five theories courtesy of an article on Zimbio. We discuss song topics from cats to Emma Stone to what it’s like to be boyfriend-less. We hope this episode makes you smile (it made us smile, especially through the randomness that makes recording live fun). Happy listening!
Highlights from Episode 143 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion – More Album Five Discussion? Yes. Yes, indeed.
- Zimbio theorizes what the fifth album could be about… cats? friends? cookies?
- Since Taylor hasn’t had a boyfriend in a while, her only significant relationships are with cats. #sarcasm
- In all seriousness, Taylor might write a song about one of her friend’s life experiences.
- You can find Taylor bakin’ cookies at night! How funny would it be if Taylor wrote a sequel to “Thug Story”?
- We like the idea of a Sweeran song called “Just Friends.”
- Maya and Sami get into a debate about whether or not Taylor may include love on the fifth album.
- That awkward moment when science nerds and heroes throw bottles at Taylor’s house.
- Do you know you can win a chance to attend the premiere and after-party of The Giver? Check out crowdrise.com/thegiver4goodteam to find out how. You can also buy tickets for an early showing of The Giver at Fandango.com.
- FYI: The only person you need to vote for at The Teen Choice Awards is Taylor Swift. Just saying’.
- We have fun thinking about Taylor Swift themed street names.
- What questions would we ask Taylor if she were ever on the show?
- Swifties are listening to “Did You Think” by Erica Morgan.
- Swifties are listening to "Girl In A Country Song" by Maddie and Tae
Direct download: 143_Episode_143_-_Really__More_Album_5_Stuff___-_Taylor_Talk__The_Taylor_Swift_Podcast.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 10:10pm PST
Sun, 13 July 2014
The Future of Music According to Taylor Swift - Episode 142 - Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast - Swifties Are Listening To "Not In That Way" by Sam Smith
Episode 142 - Join us as we discuss Taylor’s biggest news this month! Although it’s not an album five announcement, Taylor Swift has now been published in the Wall Street Journal! In Episode 142 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, your hosts talk about the WSJ entitled “For Taylor Swift, the Future of Music is a Love Story.” It’s a wonderful piece, full of great “nuggets” of industry insider information. Feel free to share your thoughts on the article, and enjoy the episode!
Highlights from Episode 142 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion – Taylor Swift’s Wall Street Journal Article
- Taylor admits piracy is on the rise, but believes artists should “realize their worth and ask for it.”
- Adam gets heated over what type of music is considered “art”
- Raise your hand if you plan on sharing Taylor’s music with your grandkids!!
- Taylor has always been a fan of the element of surprise (notice I did not say shock).
- Taylor Talk also enjoys the element of surprise… the people who’ve bought Taylor Talk t-shirts know this ;-)
- Which would you rather have: an autograph or a selfie with a celebrity?
- Awesome alert: Taylor has finally addressed the eternal genre question!
- Did you know that you can help raise money for charity AND get the chance to meet the cast of The Giver?
- Vote for Taylor so she can dominate the Teen Choice Awards!
- You know you’re a Swifty when you go to your parent’s office and fax other companies various pictures of Taylor….. Oops. Good going.
- Swifties are listening to “Not In That Way” by Sam Smith
Direct download: 142_Episode_142_-_The_Future_of_Music_According_to_Taylor_Swift_-_Taylor_Talk__The_Taylor_Swift_Podcast.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 11:08pm PST
Sun, 6 July 2014
A Time Before RED: Part II - Episode 141 - Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast - The Last Time - Sad Beautiful Tragic - Everything Has Changed - Starlight -- Swifties are listening to "Shotgun Wedding" by Jamie Lynn Spears
Episode 141 - Back by popular demand, our RED song title discussion (and Adam’s pirate voice) have returned! In Episode 141 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, we discuss what we thought the rest of the songs on RED were about before we heard them. Let us know what your theories are. Enjoy the show!
Highlights from Episode 141 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion – What did you imagine the songs on RED would be about before you heard them?
- Get ready for our part II discussion on RED songs before you heard them!
- The title “Sad Beautiful Tragic” threw the entire panel off.
- Some of the listeners give an interesting twist to the title “Everything Has Changed.”
- We wonder if Taylor will tackle the theme of death on album five.
- Adam thought “Come Back, Be Here” was about a clingy boyfriend! LOL
- We hope you had a great 4th of July! See what Taylor Swift did to celebrate on her instagram.
- Here’s your daily reminder to vote for Tay in the Teen Choice Awards!
- You know you’re a Swifty when you get engaged in the very same Parisian cafe where “Begin Again” was shot!
- What would Taylor do if Meredith and/or Olivia ran onstage during a concert?
- Swifties are listening to “Shotgun Wedding” by Jamie Lynn Spears.
Direct download: 141_Episode_141_-_What_Did_YOU_Think_Red_Was_About__-_Part_2_-_Taylor_Talk__The_Taylor_Swift_Podcast.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 8:31pm PST
Sun, 29 June 2014
What Did YOU Think Before Red? - Episode 140 - Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast -- Swifties are also listening to “The People” by Nina Nesbitt
Episode 140 - We take you on a Taylor Swift Flashback to a time before the RED Album! Remember when we got the track list for RED, but hadn’t heard any of the songs yet? In Episode 140 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, per listener request, we reflect on our initial impressions of the song titles and analyze whether or not the song titles fit the song. We’d love to hear your thoughts on our discussion. Happy listening!
Highlights from Episode 140 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion – What did you think the songs on RED were about before you heard the songs?
- We take a look back nearly two years ago before the RED album came out, but when we knew the track list. What did you think her songs were about based on the titles?
- Raise your hand if you thought "The Lucky One" was about Zac Efron.
- “22″ should have been about how many cats Taylor Swift wants. Obviously.
- That awkward moment when Diane was right and yet so wrong about “Red.”
- We talk about the similarities between “Treacherous” and “I Knew You Were Trouble.”
- Adam uses this episode to perfect his pirate accent…. and once again ties Taylor Swift to Harry Potter.
- Cosmopolitan’s “15 Things Not To Say To A Taylor Swift Fan” is a perfect list to send to the Taylor haters!
- Be sure to vote for Taylor Swift in the Teen Choice Awards everyday! (Hint: if you were born between 1995-2001, you are a teen *wink*)
- You know you’re a Swifty when you feel that much more relatable to Taylor Swift because you were both born on a Wednesday morning!
- Swifties are listening to “The People” by Nina Nesbitt.
- WWTD returns!! What would Taylor do if Miley Cyrus interrupted one of her shows by swinging in on a wrecking ball?
Direct download: 140_Episode_140_-_Remember_What_You_Thought_Before_Red__-_Taylor_Talk__The_Taylor_Swift_Podcast.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 10:22pm PST
Sun, 22 June 2014
Invisible aka You Belong With Me 1.0 - Episode 139 - Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast -- Swifties are also listening to X, Multiply, a new album from Ed Sheeran
Episode 139 - I just want to open your eyes and make you realize… a new episode of Taylor Talk is out! In Episode 139 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, your hosts discuss “Invisible,” Taylor’s beautiful ballad of unrequited love. We also talk about cooking with Barefoot Contessa, Taylor’s new kitten, and touch on Ed Sheeran’s new album. Enjoy the episode!
Highlights from Episode 139 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion – “Invisible” Song Analysis:
- We flash back to a song from Taylor’s high school days, “Invisible.”
- Steve calls this song the first draft of “You Belong With Me.”
- We debate who or what exactly is invisible in this song.
- Adam never fails to find a way to relate Harry Potter to Taylor Swift!
- How does the fact that Taylor wrote this song with a co-writer change the song?
- We wonder why this song was a bonus track rather than being on the original album.
- Taylor Swift says she won’t hang out with boys who are on a diet… just so you know.
- There’s a new kitty in Taylor’s life: Olivia Benson! Does this mean she’s a cat lady now?
- Be sure to vote for Taylor in the Teen Choice Awards.
- You know you’re a Swifty when you name your hermit crab “Swift!”
- MASSIVE end of tour sale going on at the Taylor Swift Online Store! Get it while it’s hot and RED!
- Swifties are listening to Ed Sheeran’s new album “X”
Direct download: 139_Episode_139_-_Invisible_-_Taylor_Talk__The_Taylor_Swift_Podcast.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 11:27pm PST
Sun, 15 June 2014
13 Moments Of The RED Era - Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast - Episode 138 - Also listening to "Animals" by The Goastt
episode 138 - having post-red tour depression? we are too. in episode 138 of tayLor talk: the taylOr swift podcast, we give you our top 13 momeNts of the red era. as there were so many amazinG moments, we are bound to have missed a few of your favorites, so Let us know what you loved about the red era (samI also adVisEs you to put your red Tour memorieS in the memory boxes of life). enjoy the episode!
Highlights from Episode 138 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion – Top 13 Moments of the RED Era:
- It is actually the end of the RED Tour… so we decided to recap our Top 13 Moments of the RED Era.
- Fun fact: “We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together” was Taylor’s first number one on the Billboard Top 100!
- That awkward moment when Adam gets confused for Prince William.
- The RED Tour broke so many records, including playing in Shanghai, China for the first time (and selling out the show in one minute!!)
- The tour included so many special guests AND introduced us to someone who has now become one of our favorite artists: Ed Sheeran!
- Remember that time Taylor performed “All Too Well” at the Grammys because the fans asked her to?! Good times.
- Let us know what your top RED Era Tour memories were! We’d love to hear them!
- We want to wish a very happy Father’s Day to all the dads out there, including Scott Swift, Taylor’s #1 fan!
- Taylor Swift is featured in Ed Sheeran’s “Nine Days and Nights of Ed Sheeran” Special. Watch it to support this BFFL team!
- You know you’re a Swifty when you make “secret messages” in your writings
Direct download: 138_Episode_138_-_13_Moments_of_the_Red_Era_-_Taylor_Talk__The_Taylor_Swift_Podcast.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 11:17pm PST
Sun, 8 June 2014
The Outside - Episode 137 - Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast - Black Roses - Clare Bowen - Nashville Cast
Episode 137 - As bad as it sounds, we’re happy Taylor Swift didn’t have friends in middle school. In Episode 137 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, we discuss one of the first songs Taylor ever wrote, “The Outside.” In “The Outside,” Taylor talks about what it’s like to be on the outside looking in, a feeling everyone can relate to at least one point in their lives. However, there is hope. Taylor’s story is proof that even though you may feel like an outcast, what makes you different makes you special. The very same kids who made fun of Taylor for liking country music now get to look up at her performing on stage in front of thousands of people. Enjoy the episode!
Highlights from Episode 137 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion – “The Outside” Song Analysis:
- At twelve years old, Taylor captures the timeless aspect of being an outcast in “The Outside”
- Adam says this song could really be a theme song for Facebook users.
- Taylor draws from a Robert Frost poem to inspire the lyrics in this song. We wonder how many other times Taylor has drawn from outside sources in her writing.
- “If you’re lucky enough to be different, don’t change.” Wise words from Ms. Swift.
- We talk about the similarities between “Mean” and “The Outside.”
- Taylor doesn’t just passively donate to charity; instead, she creates something awesome, like a music production cart for the patients at the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia!
- The RED Tour, aka the tour that never ends, will actually end this week!
- You know you’re a swifty when you’re already saving money for a concert on a tour that hasn’t been announced for an album that hasn’t even been announced!
- Swifties are listening to “Black Roses” by Clare Bowen.
Direct download: 137_Episode_137_-_The_Outside_-_Taylor_Talk__The_Taylor_Swift_Podcast.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 11:51pm PST
Sun, 1 June 2014
What's Going On In Asia? - Red Tour Around The World - Episode 136 - Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast - How To Be A Heartbreaker - Marina and The Diamonds
Episode 136 - The RED Tour goes to Asia! In Episode 136 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, we cover Taylor’s shows so far in Asia. We also discuss the changes Taylor has made throughout the RED Tour as it traveled to different countries. If you’re going to one of the RED shows in Asia, we’d love to hear from you! Let us know what you thought of the RED tour! Happy listening!
Highlights from Episode 136 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion: The Many Changes of the RED Tour:
- We discuss the logistics of Taylor Swift moving the RED Tour from country to country.
- You know how Taylor has buses and planes with her face on it? We think she should invest in a ship.
- We theorize about her setlist choices based on each place the RED Tour goes.
- Maya can’t wait for Taylor to sing “Our Song” on the b-stage again….
- Special offer to Thai Swifties: they have reserved tickets for the Singapore show just for you!!
- Taylor Swift says the fifth album is her favorite thing EVER!
- We’re so thankful to @TSwiftOnTour for keeping us updated on the Asian leg of the RED Tour.
- As our Nashville CMA Fest correspondent, Steve will be attending the 2014 CMT Awards! Lucky him. It will air this Wednesday, June 4th at 8/7c on CMT.
- Please help us find a way to tell Taylor Swift Sami named her cat after her
- Swifties are listening to “How To Be A Heartbreaker” by Marina and the Diamonds
Direct download: 136_Episode_136_-_Red_Tour_Around_The_World_-_Taylor_Talk__The_Taylor_Swift_Podcast.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 11:38pm PST
Mon, 26 May 2014
The Story of Us - Episode 135 - Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast - Be My Forever - Christina Perri feat. Ed Sheeran
The story of Taylor Talk goes on with a song analysis of “The Story of Us”! In Episode 135 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, your hosts — Adam, Diane, and Sami — talk about one of their favorite Taylor songs. Let us know what you think of “The Story of Us” in the comments below. Happy listening!
Highlights from Episode 135 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion: “The Story of Us” Song Analysis:
- We discuss one of our favorite Taylor Swift songs…. “The Story of Us"!
- Running into your ex is terribly, horrendously, and awfully awkward, especially when it happens at an award show.
- The hosts get in a heated debate about a critic’s comment — whether or not this song means Taylor is “defined by her relationships”
- Sami has a theory that links “The Lucky One” with “The Story of Us”
- We discuss the plot of the “Story of Us” video, and Taylor’s potential curse word slip!
- What would you do if Taylor Swift visited you on a school field trip?
- Taylor’s poster for The Giver is out!
- Make sure you’re voting for Taylor for the CMTs! She could accept an award via video from RED Tour Asia
- You know you’re a Swifty when you can’t decide what to wear, so you choose the outfit that looks like Taylor.
- Swifties are listening to “Be My Forever” by Christina Perri featuring Ed Sheeran.
Direct download: 135_Episode_135_-_The_Story_Of_Us_-_Taylor_Talk__The_Taylor_Swift_Podcast.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 12:52am PST