Sun, 28 September 2014
I'd Lie - Episode 153 - Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast -- Swifties are also listening to Little Black Dress by Sara Bareilles
Episode 153 - We’d be lying if we said we didn’t wish Taylor had put “I’d Lie” on an album! In Episode 153 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, we discuss a song from Taylor’s early days, “I’d Lie.” Taylor wrote this song of unrequited love for a high school talent show and never included it on an album. Although it’s technically unreleased, Taylor did perform it at a Billboard event, so it’s fair game for discussion! Please let us know what you think of “I’d Lie.” Happy listening!
Highlights from Episode 153 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion: “I’d Lie” Song Analysis
– “I’d Lie” was never on any of Taylor’s albums, but she did perform it at Billboard, so we can talk about it!
– Fun fact: Just like “Our Song,” Taylor Swift performed “I’d Lie” at her high school talent show
– Why do you think Taylor didn’t include “I’d Lie” on any of her albums?
– Raise your hand if this song was you at sixteen years old.
– How do you envision a music video for “I’d Lie”? Steve has a great idea.
– Mark your calendars! Scholastic’s “Reading Opens a World of Possible” with Taylor Swift live stream takes place on October 29th
– Diet Coke & Regal Cinemas VIP Concert Experience Sweepstakes — enter the contest to win a chance to meet Taylor!
– Starting on October 1st at Subway, be sure to purchase a soda to enter for a chance to meet Taylor! (I’m so excited that there are so many chances to meet Taylor in the 1989 era!!)
– We can’t wait until mid-October when Diet Coke releases a preview of a song off Taylor’s 1989 album!
– @TSwiftFragrance is hinting a new Taylor Swift fragrance… what do you all think?
– You know you’re a Swifty when, even if you became a fan during the RED era, you still love all her old music!
– Swifties are listening to “Little Black Dress” by Sara Bareilles.
– What would Taylor do if someone called her Becky?
Don't forget to buy your "no its becky" shirts at http://www.teespring.com/beckytshirt
Direct download: 153_Episode_153_-_Id_Lie_-_Taylor_Talk__The_Taylor_Swift_Podcast.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 10:35pm PST
Sun, 21 September 2014
iHeart Taylor - Episode 152 - Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast - Swifties are also listening to Bleachers (Jack Antonoff's band)
Episode 152 - Since we heart Taylor Swift, we’re talking about iHeartRadio! In Episode 152 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, we discuss Taylor’s incredible 2014 iHeartRadio performance! She performed her top pop songs, including “Shake It Off” and a special remix of “Love Story.” What did y’all think of the show? We’d love to hear your thoughts. Happy listening!
Highlights from Episode 152 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion: Taylor Swift’s iHeartRadio Performance
– Taylor opened the iHeartRadio weekend with a hilarious secret agent-esque video
– What did you think of Taylor incorporating horn instruments in her band?
– I’m in love love love with Taylor’s revamp version of “Love Story.”
– We wonder if her iHeartRadio performance will be representative of the 1989 tour.
– Vote for Taylor Swift for Best Female and Best Look at the MTV EMAs at tv.mtvema.com
– Rolling Stone released yet another article: “Taylor Swift Reveals Five Things to Expect on ‘1989’”.
– Australian Swifties, good news, Taylor will perform on the finale of X Factor Australia!
– Yow know you’re a Swifty when you dream about seeing the track list for 1989!
– In preparation for 1989, Swifties are listening to Jack Antonoff’s band, The Bleachers.
Direct download: 152_Episode_152_-_iHeart_Taylor_-__Taylor_Talk__The_Taylor_Swift_Podcast.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 10:46pm PST
Sun, 14 September 2014
More 1989 Tracks + Taylor Curses?? What?? - Episode 151 - Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast - Swifties are also listening to Boys by Sky Ferreira
Episode 151 - REAL TALK, Swifties. In Episode 151 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, we discuss Rolling Stone’s follow-up to Taylor’s cover story, “22 Things You Learn Hanging Out With Taylor Swift.” Not only does this article give us some insight on Taylor’s personality and beliefs, it also gives us two (3?) new song titles! Your hosts — Adam, Diane, and Sami — note our favorite parts of the article and theorize about what Taylor’s new songs could be about. What do you think? Feel free to share your thoughts. Enjoy the show!
Highlights from Episode 151 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion: Rolling Stone’s “22 Things You Learn Hanging Out With Taylor Swift”
- We’re so happy that Rolling Stone decided to release this over-flow material, because it’s so fun!
- Alert: Both Diane and Taylor Swift cry while drinking wine.
- We debate whether or not Taylor Swift will ever have an explicit album (no, no, no)
- Only Taylor Swift would have a greeting card writing room!
- The similarities between Taylor Swift and her grandmother are uncanny.
- Adam admits he’s taken a sneaky photo of a celebrity before. And he got caught. Oops.
- Taylor Swift admits that she’s never been in love. Like never ever. (it will never get old)
- You can grow up, but it’s never okay to get old.
- Taylor’s album is a “pop poetic party” — the writing is still going to be good, guys!
- What are your opinions on “Wildest Dreams”, “You are Love”, and “I Know Places (?)”
- “Shake It Off” went platinum this week by selling over 1.2 million copies! Yeauuh.
- You know you’re a Swifty when you wear a Taylor Swift shirt for your school pictures.
- Taylor Talk Word of the Day: frolic, to play and move about happily
- Taylor Swift is listening to “Boys” by Sky Ferreira (note: Taylor, please keep recommending music on twitter. We like it.)
Direct download: 151_Episode_151_-_When_Taylor_Swift_Drinks_Wine_-_Taylor_Talk__The_Taylor_Swift_Podcast.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 10:51pm PST
Mon, 8 September 2014
WHAT Are Taylor's Newly Revealed Tracks From 1989 About? - SPECIAL EDITION - Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast - THE Swifty is listening to: Backseat Freestyle by Kendrick Lamar
SPECIAL EDITION - Taylor Swift reveals new song titles from 1989 in Rolling Stone, so we do a special edition episode of Taylor Talk! Listen as Adam, Diane, Sami, and guest host Eric (@spielerman) delve into Rolling Stone’s interview with Taylor Swift, “The Reinvention of Taylor Swift.” This article contains a wealth of information, so it was difficult to talk about everything, but we did touch on Taylor’s dating life (or lack thereof), her tight security, her decision to go pop, and most importantly… THE NEW SONG TITLES FROM 1989!! As we theorize about what each song could be about, feel free to share your opinions with us. We’ll find out on October 27th who was right Enjoy the show!
Highlights from Episode Scones of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion: Taylor Swift's in Rolling Stone
- Although this article mentions how tight Taylor Swift's security team needs to be to keep her safe, the article is about how much Taylor Swift is loving life.
- Eric wonders if Taylor got her country pop/metaphor from a... fortune cookie?
- Taylor claims that her 1989 album is not "boy-centric," and yet nearly all of the track titles she released are about boys!
- Finish the sentence: "I Wish You Would"... what?
- It seems like at least three songs on the album could be about Harry Styles (*braces self from angry Directioners)
- Who needs an NDA when you have Taylor Swift hypnotizing you not to talk?
- Which pop super star does Taylor Swift have "Bad Blood" with? We address the likelihood of each option suggested by Billboard.
- Fun Fact: Taylor Swift listens to Kendrick Lamar's "Backseat Freestyle" when she's being swarmed by paparazzi.
Direct download: SPECIAL_EDITION_-_The_First_Tracks_Off_1989_-_Taylor_Talk__The_Taylor_Swift_Podcast.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 11:57pm PST
Sun, 7 September 2014
Better Than Revenge - Episode 150 - Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast - Swifties are also listening to Work Day by Hozier
Episode 150 - We’re better known for the things that we do on…. the podcast! In Episode 150 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, we discuss one of Taylor Swift’s most in-your-face songs, “Better Than Revenge.” Taylor wrote this at an age when she still believed that a girl could steal her boyfriend, but in light of her recent feminist admission, she’s changed her tune. What do you guys think of “Better Than Revenge”? Did your thoughts change after you listened to our feminist discussion on Episode 149? Feel free to share your thoughts. Enjoy the episode!
Highlights from Episode 150 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion: “Better Than Revenge” Song Analysis
- This song is probably inspired by a boy who broke up with Taylor in a 27 second phone call. Maybe.
- That awkward moment when The Jonas Brothers write a mean song about Taylor and she comes back with a “much better” song.
- We debate who exactly Taylor is trying to get revenge on: Camilla or Joe?
- Steve gives us a poetic rendition of “Much Better” by the Jonas Brothers. Snap if you appreciate it.
- Diane filmed a short music video for Better Than Revenge back in the day
- Do you think Taylor Swift regrets writing this song?
- Taylor performed “Shake It Off” at the German Radio Awards. Which performance did you like better: VMAs or the GRA?
- Taylor Swift was nominated for CMA Female Vocalist of the year! Did they forget Taylor’s pop now?
- You know you’re a Swifty when you started drinking Pumpkin Spice Lattes because Taylor drinks them!
- Swifties (and Taylor Swift) are listening to “Work Song” by Hozier.
Direct download: 150_Episode_150_-_Better_Than_Revenge_-_Taylor_Talk__The_Taylor_Swift_Podcast_1.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 11:33pm PST
Mon, 1 September 2014
The Feminist In Taylor - Episode 149 - Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast -- Swifties Are Also Listening To Amnesia by 5 Seconds of Summer
Episode 149 - Taylor Swift has come out of the closet… as a feminist! In Episode 149 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, we discuss Taylor’s recent admission that she’s been a feminist all along; she just didn’t know it. Our good friend, Kate, @hipstertswift, a passionate feminist, joins us to discuss what feminism is and what it means for Taylor Swift. We hope you enjoy the show. Feel free to share your thoughts! Happy listening :-)
Highlights from Episode 149 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion: Taylor Swift Says She IS A Feminist!
- Our good friend, Kate (@hipstertswift), joins us as our ‘feminist correspondent’ to discuss Taylor’s new-found understanding of feminism.
- Taylor embodies the idea that you can also be a feminist while being feminine.
- Fun fact: Having a boyfriend has nothing to do with whether or not you are a feminist!
- We talk about the hidden feminist messages Taylor has had in her lyrics all along.
- Does anyone ever tell Ed Sheeran that he has a lot of feelings? No. But people attack Taylor for the same reason.
- Read more of Taylor’s views on feminism, life, and much more in The Guardian.
- Want to hear us talk even more about Taylor Swift and feminism? Listen to our interview with @FeministTSwift from June 2013.
- “Shake It Off” just made Taylor’s 60th appearance the Billboard Top 100!!
- Taylor is set to be a mentor this season for NBC’s “The Voice.” Tune in starting September 22nd!
- You know you’re a Swifty when you memorized “Shake It Off” in an hour!
- Swifties are listening to “Amnesia” by 5 Seconds of Summer
Direct download: 149_Episode_149_-_Taylor_IS_a_Feminist_-_Taylor_Talk__The_Taylor_Swift_Podcast.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 12:03am PST
Mon, 25 August 2014
Episode 148 - Hey, hey, hey, we just can’t shake off “Shake It Off”! In Episode 148 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, special guest, Ashley, takes us all behind the scenes of the "Shake It Off" music video -- A place where no Swifty has gone before!! The team also takes a look at Taylor's first ever LIVE PERFORMANCE of "Shake It Off" from the MTV Video Music Awards!!
Highlights from Episode 148 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion: Behind The Scenes of the "Shake It Off" Music video AND Taylor Swift’s VMA Performance of “Shake It Off”
- We interview Ashley, a fan, who got to be an extra in the “Shake It Off” music video!
- How did Ashley get chosen? What was the audition process? How did Taylor do as a director??
- Enter now, Taylor Swift, the sensational pop superstar!!
- What did you think of Taylor Swift’s modern flapper costume? What about her rompin’ around in a romper on the Red Carpet?
- Sami thinks Taylor’s “almost” jump off the 1989 sign was to remind people she’s still awkward; She’s still our Tay.
- Do you think this performance will inspire Taylor’s tour performance of “Shake It Off”?
- Who watched Taylor’s ALS Ice Bucket Challenge?!
- Taylor told Good Morning America that in order to beat the haters, “you have to have more fun than them.”
- You know you’re a Swifty when it saddens you to hear the end of a Taylor Talk Episode because you need to wait another week for the next one… exceptnowtheepisodeissoversorry…
Direct download: 148_Episode_148_-_Music_Video_Shake_It_Off_-_Behind_The_Scenes_-_Taylor_Talk__The_Taylor_Swift_Podcast.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 12:09am PST
Mon, 18 August 2014
Episode 147 -- SHAKE IT OFF - Taylor’s using album five to take us back to 1989! On August 18th, Taylor held a Yahoo LiveStream event to announce a new single, “Shake It Off,” her new album “1989″ (available 10/27!), and a new music video!! Taylor’s live stream was a massive unload of a bunch of new, exciting information, and your hosts are SO excited to unpack it all! We give our initial thoughts about the theme of 1989, how we love that “Shake It Off” is a complete dance party, and we marvel at the music video. Feel free to share your thoughts about the direction Taylor’s taking her new music. Enjoy the show!Highlights from Episode 147 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion – New Single “Shake It Off” And New Album 1989
- We should have know the polaroid pictures were a clue!
- Taylor was inspired by the late 1980s for her new album, a time period only Steve remembers.
- Debate: “fake” vs. “bake.” What’s the verdict?
- The hosts conclude that “Shake It Off” is hella good.
- Swift fact: Taylor believes you can tell a lot about a person by how willing they are to dance. She even asked fans to dance with her in the “Shake It Off” music video!
- I don’t know about you, but the “Shake It Off” music video gave us SO many costume ideas for the 1989 Tour!!
Direct download: 147_Episode_147_-_Shake_It_Off_-_1989_-_Taylor_Talk__The_Taylor_Swift_Podcast.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 8:18pm PST
Sun, 10 August 2014
THE 5TH ALBUM IS COMING! - Episode 146 - Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast --- Swifties are also listening to: If You Ask Me To by MacKenzie Porter
Episode 146 - Say goodbye to the Red Era… album five is coming! In Episode 146 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, your hosts — Adam, Diane, and Sami — discuss the three clues Taylor released on Twitter and Instagram that possibly relate to her upcoming album. What’s the relationship between an elevator, Olivia, a polaroid camera, and yahoo.com? Listen up to hear our theories and be sure to share your own. Enjoy the show!
Highlights from Episode 146 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion – Fifth Album Clues
- Yahoo may have spilled the beans, even though Scott Borchetta says nothing has been confirmed.
- Is there any significance to certain things being cut out of the Instagram pictures?
- We wonder if these clues also hint to the subject of the new single, not just the album announcement.
- That awkward moment when the album five announcement is actually Taylor announcing her retirement… (just kidding)
- Only the Taylor Talk hosts would have an entire discussion about capitalization
- A preview of Taylor in the The Giver has been released! What did you think?
- Be sure to check out Taylor Swift on the Tonight Show and Late Night this week!
- Raise your hand if you want a review of The Giver mini-episode this weekend! (I hope Steve & Maya are okay with this idea)
- You know you’re a Taylor Talker when you listen to Taylor Talk on the elliptical at your gym, and the lady working there has to ask you to get off the machine because you’ve been on for two hours and didn’t realize it!!
- Swifties are listening to “If You Ask Me To” - MacKenzie Porter
Direct download: 146_Episode_146_-_5th_Album_Is_Coming_-_Taylor_Talk__The_Taylor_Swift_Podcast.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 11:32pm PST
Sun, 3 August 2014
Jump Then Fall - Episode 145 - Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast - Swifties Are Listening to "Chasing The Sun" by Hilary Duff
Episode 145 - Prepare to jump then fall into this episode of Taylor Talk! In Episode 145 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, we discuss one of Taylor’s cutest, feel-good songs: “Jump Then Fall!” Although it’s a relatively straight forward song, we still dig deep into the song’s complexities and Taylor’s writing style. We hope you enjoy the episode. Happy listening!
Highlights from Episode 145 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion – “Jump Then Fall” Song Analysis
- You may think the theme of this song is simple, but we still manage to debate as to what it’s about!
- Taylor describes this song as “happy, bouncy, and lovey.” But mostly bouncy.
- We compare the sound of “Jump Then Fall” to “Stay Stay Stay.”
- Fun fact: did you know this song peaked at number 1 on iTunes the week it was released?
- If Taylor wrote this song from personal experience, how do you think it feels for her to release a song about a crush/relationship that ended?
- Sign our petition to get Taylor to play “Jump Then Fall” on the album five tour!
- We predict when Taylor’s new single will be released based on the fact that she’s giving an “explosive” performance of it at the MTV VMAs!
- “My ambition was to start a new book with the next album, not just a new chapter.” – Taylor’s interview with Candy magazine
- How would you guys like an episode with a book review/movie review of The Giver? Unfortunately, Adam doesn’t want to read.
- You know you’re a Swifty when you ask a random lady at the pool if you can take a picture with her turtle floaty because it’s the same one Taylor used on the 4th of July.
Direct download: 145_Episode_145_-_Jump_Then_Fall_-_Taylor_Talk__The_Taylor_Swift_Podcast.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 10:34pm PST