Mon, 1 September 2014
The Feminist In Taylor - Episode 149 - Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast -- Swifties Are Also Listening To Amnesia by 5 Seconds of Summer
Episode 149 - Taylor Swift has come out of the closet… as a feminist! In Episode 149 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, we discuss Taylor’s recent admission that she’s been a feminist all along; she just didn’t know it. Our good friend, Kate, @hipstertswift, a passionate feminist, joins us to discuss what feminism is and what it means for Taylor Swift. We hope you enjoy the show. Feel free to share your thoughts! Happy listening :-)
Highlights from Episode 149 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion: Taylor Swift Says She IS A Feminist!
- Our good friend, Kate (@hipstertswift), joins us as our ‘feminist correspondent’ to discuss Taylor’s new-found understanding of feminism.
- Taylor embodies the idea that you can also be a feminist while being feminine.
- Fun fact: Having a boyfriend has nothing to do with whether or not you are a feminist!
- We talk about the hidden feminist messages Taylor has had in her lyrics all along.
- Does anyone ever tell Ed Sheeran that he has a lot of feelings? No. But people attack Taylor for the same reason.
- Read more of Taylor’s views on feminism, life, and much more in The Guardian.
- Want to hear us talk even more about Taylor Swift and feminism? Listen to our interview with @FeministTSwift from June 2013.
- “Shake It Off” just made Taylor’s 60th appearance the Billboard Top 100!!
- Taylor is set to be a mentor this season for NBC’s “The Voice.” Tune in starting September 22nd!
- You know you’re a Swifty when you memorized “Shake It Off” in an hour!
- Swifties are listening to “Amnesia” by 5 Seconds of Summer
Direct download: 149_Episode_149_-_Taylor_IS_a_Feminist_-_Taylor_Talk__The_Taylor_Swift_Podcast.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 12:03am PDT